Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What would make YOU happier?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you consider yourself happy -- with every aspect of your life? If so, you're very lucky! Many of us want to make changes in our lives that we know would make us happier, but where do we begin?

Making real changes to improve your overall satisfaction with yourself and your life takes effort, and more importantly time. So we procrastinate. Am I right? This is exactly why we created the Mom Happiness Makeover: to spark the fire under our tushies to get moving on making ourselves happier!

What would make you happier with:

• Your looks? Get happier about your looks here.
  • Your finances? Get happier about your finances here.
  • Your home? Get happier about your home here.
  • Your relationship? Get happier about your relationship here.
  • Your personality? Get happier about your personality here.
  • Your "mommying"? Get happier about your "mommying" here.
  • The world? Get happier about the world here.

simple smile

*This challenge is sponsored by CafeMom and is not associated with Dr. Aymee Coget of happinessmakeover.com.

Official Rules * (Note, this sweepstakes has ended.)
The "Mom Happiness Makeover" Sweepstakes starts on April 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm (ET) and ends on May 13, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period")

Enter by replying to this post with your answers to the above questions during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.

One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 American Express gift card. The random drawing shall occur on or about May 15, 2012.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here to see the rest of the official rules.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
sissyboogs
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:30 AM

The world: oh goodness! SO many things could apply here....

happy_momma_07
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM

looks-right now im pretty satisfied. in 4th month of pregnancy.havent gained any weight so far..started out over weight,170lbs(gained about 50lbs w/1st daughter) 

finances-no debt.at least no cash advances. down to 1 from 6, this time last year. got caught up in them pretty bad.

home-would love a bath tub. only have stand up shower, which is hard with a now 5 year old and baby on the way. plus would be supere nice for myself :0) i make due with what i have though. could be worse. 

relationship-more quality time. "dates" and i dont mean eating dinner in front of tv while watchings something we agree on. usually something like hgtv or this show 'drinking made easy' we discovered.

personality-time for a legit hobbie. i used to use my sewing machine alot when i was pregnant w/1st daughter. havent had time or space to do projects. would like to start crafting again.

mommying-i feel im a pretty good, well rounded,involved mom. maybe being in better physical shape would make me more fun(active)would like to do more things like play basket ball w/daughter, run around, bike rides...

world-nicer people. seems everyone is in a bad mood all the time. smile people, your breathing! i try to smile at at least one stranger a day. they usually look at me like im crazy, like 'i dont know you, why are you smiling at me?!' but i dont care. 

katieloves21
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • Your looks? Lose 40 pounds
  • Your finances? Husband Get a good paying job with benefits
  • Your home? Having my own home
  • Your relationship? More communication
  • Your personality? Less stress
  • Your "mommying"?  More help
  • The world? No hunger
CafeMom Tickers
USBrit
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM

A Mommy makeover, hmmmmm. I think that my heart could use a makeover for my oldest Grandson who is mentally retarded. My daughter has been trying to get him (13yrs old now) into Heartspring in Witchita, KS for about a year now, but the local school is fighting her. She has an attorney, and a doctor, that both agree that this is the correct placement, but when dealing with the schools there are many procedures that must be accomplished. As such he sits in an isolation room with an aid all day long without really any instruction or interaction. My son-in-law is Military and has been to Iraq 4 times, as such they don't have a lot of money and so the attorney and doctor have been wonderful to work with as they see the desperate need for this special boy.

So, my Mommy make-over would be that my daughter and her family (she has 2 other children too) would finally get her hearts desire.....a perfect environment for her severely mentally retarded son, who just needs a chance at life.  :)

http://www.jeffersjourney.blogspot.com/

MamaMistyLee
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Your Looks? Longer hair and losing 30 pounds

Your Finances? Getting a job and having spending money for myself

Your Home? Having a home closer to my family

Your Relationship? Having affection and compassion

Your Personality? To be more happier/joyful

Your "Mommying"? More patience

The World? More love,less violence

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Looks?

I would love to lose 100 pounds.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Finances?

I would love to have more money but I'll settle for just paying off our old debt.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Home?

I would love to own a new home that I actually picked out.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Relationship?

Wish dh would be less stressed and more happy.

Bmama1
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM
My looks- I'd like to lose weight and tone up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN