Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What would make YOU happier?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you consider yourself happy -- with every aspect of your life? If so, you're very lucky! Many of us want to make changes in our lives that we know would make us happier, but where do we begin?

Making real changes to improve your overall satisfaction with yourself and your life takes effort, and more importantly time. So we procrastinate. Am I right? This is exactly why we created the Mom Happiness Makeover: to spark the fire under our tushies to get moving on making ourselves happier!

What would make you happier with:

• Your looks? Get happier about your looks here.
  • Your finances? Get happier about your finances here.
  • Your home? Get happier about your home here.
  • Your relationship? Get happier about your relationship here.
  • Your personality? Get happier about your personality here.
  • Your "mommying"? Get happier about your "mommying" here.
  • The world? Get happier about the world here.

simple smile

*This challenge is sponsored by CafeMom and is not associated with Dr. Aymee Coget of happinessmakeover.com.

Official Rules * (Note, this sweepstakes has ended.)
The "Mom Happiness Makeover" Sweepstakes starts on April 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm (ET) and ends on May 13, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period")

Enter by replying to this post with your answers to the above questions during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.

One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 American Express gift card. The random drawing shall occur on or about May 15, 2012.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here to see the rest of the official rules.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (531-540):
3nhvn1onearth
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
  • Your looks? A new hair cut
  • Your finances? going back to nursing school
  • Your home? getting a bigger apartment or even a small house
  • Your relationship? more dates
  • Your personality? not being so hostile
  • Your "mommying"? getting my baby girl more of the little things that she wants
  • The world? giving to charity more

QueenWisdom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Your looks: I would go back to short hair and keep it.
Your finances: I would work toward saving more money, rather than spending so much.
Your home: I would change the colors of my bedroom.
Your relationship: if I could die of old age with my husband
Your personality: if I shared it more with others I would feel much better
Your mommying: if I
My girls never grew up.
The world: if all the violence & hate ceased
sarahlaine1123
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:10 AM
  • Your looks? Not being so pale. 
  • Your finances? A better job enviroment.
  • Your home? A place  to call our own.
  • Your relationship? More us  time.
  • Your personality? More  outgoing.
  • Your "mommying"? A bit less woryying lol
  • The world? More genourosity and caring.
amyfarquharson
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM

LOOKS= Id like to look younger since I am now unemployed and divorced I need to support myself. I took some online college classes now I need to find the job. Id be much more confident if I looked younger and perkier.

FINANCES=My finances will look up when I land a job. Im dicorced and forced to care for everything alone now.

HOME= will be happy about home if I dont lose it. I need a job in 30 days and I know I can save my home

RELATIONSHIP= none right now. Need to concentrate on me and my situation. Im a little bitter right now

PERSONALITY=I am outgoing and willing to help anyone to a fault. I put everyone before myself, especially  my kids

MOMMYING=I think I could do better. I am instilling the values and once we are not on such skaky grounds we will be a happy unit once again

WORLD=I get so depressed watching the news. The president and the gov upset me the way they care of politics as usual. The green thing upsets me that not enough people care..I could go on and on and on/.......

rleer4
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Quote Like Reply to Post

Do you consider yourself happy -- with every aspect of your life? If so, you're very lucky! Many of us want to make changes in our lives that we know would make us happier, but where do we begin?

Making real changes to improve your overall satisfaction with yourself and your life takes effort, and more importantly time. So we procrastinate. Am I right? This is exactly why we created the Mom Happiness Makeover: to spark the fire under our tushies to get moving on making ourselves happier!

So, first things first: answer these questions in the replies below and we'll create next week's challenge activities based on YOUR responses! Once you reply with your answers, you're automatically signed up for the challenge -- and you'll be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

• Your looks? A new dress.
  • Your finances? a savings account with a 100,000 balance.
  • Your home? A redesigned office.
  • Your relationship? More time to spend with each other.
  • Your personality? A more positive outlook.
  • Your "mommying"? No nagging.
  • The world? A way for the world to stop fighting and come to gether to solve global warming and create safe locations in natural disasters.
pristine729
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Your looks? My nose or glasses

Your finances? More would be helpful

Your home? I want one someday

Your relationship? It's good

Your personality? More ambition

Your "mommying"? More time

The world? Peace and understanding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookwormy
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM

• Your looks? Losing 53 more pounds (I've lost 43 so far!) and a hair makeover

• Your finances? Better paying employment for both of us I guess and debt magically diappearing

• Your home? Owning

• Your relationship? More intimate time

• Your personality? Quit obssessing over past hurts - forgive others more easily

• Your "mommying"? Never yell again

• The world? EVERYONE would have access to quality healthcare & ALL people & governments would be feminist & marriage for ALL

Bookwormy

Hate Is NOT a Family Value.

djubes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I would be happier with my:

looks- if I didn't look so old.

finances- if I could live within my budget

home- if I could make it look put together, and use more color

relationship- if I had one.

personality- if I was more laid back and not so uptight about everything.

mommying- if I could have a better realtionship with my 15 year-old son.

world- if people cared more about each other and things slowed down.

gypsy_rose
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

• Your looks? to be 80 pounds lighter.
  • Your finances? I could find a at home job to do
  • Your home? that I could get carpet in
  • Your relationship? that DH could come home earlier
  • Your personality? I was not so quick to bother
  • Your "mommying"? More patience
  • The world? that there would be less religious fighting
Imsoinlove
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

In September of 2010, I was 1 month along with our second child, when my husband lost his great job and we had to rely on state help and unemployment. Not, that we wanted to, but at the time it was what we had to do to survive. My husband is still out of work, has been doing little jobs here and there just for whatever money we can get. Our daughters get everything they need. But, we've had to move in with family because we are no longer able to afford paying bills, or rent at that. My husband and I do not care about anything else other than making sure our daughters are well taken care of. We would like to be able to afford to buy them summer clothes and not have to keep asking our family for money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN