Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What would make YOU happier?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you consider yourself happy -- with every aspect of your life? If so, you're very lucky! Many of us want to make changes in our lives that we know would make us happier, but where do we begin?

Making real changes to improve your overall satisfaction with yourself and your life takes effort, and more importantly time. So we procrastinate. Am I right? This is exactly why we created the Mom Happiness Makeover: to spark the fire under our tushies to get moving on making ourselves happier!

What would make you happier with:

• Your looks? Get happier about your looks here.
  • Your finances? Get happier about your finances here.
  • Your home? Get happier about your home here.
  • Your relationship? Get happier about your relationship here.
  • Your personality? Get happier about your personality here.
  • Your "mommying"? Get happier about your "mommying" here.
  • The world? Get happier about the world here.

simple smile

*This challenge is sponsored by CafeMom and is not associated with Dr. Aymee Coget of happinessmakeover.com.

Official Rules * (Note, this sweepstakes has ended.)
The "Mom Happiness Makeover" Sweepstakes starts on April 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm (ET) and ends on May 13, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period")

Enter by replying to this post with your answers to the above questions during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.

One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 American Express gift card. The random drawing shall occur on or about May 15, 2012.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here to see the rest of the official rules.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (551-560):
TruCowboysFan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Looks: clearer skin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilastime
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I would be so happy if my 26 year old daughter would grow up and stand on her own two feet  She and her two year old daughter live with my husband and I.  Her immaturity and lack of ambition are destroying her life and ours.  She is so mean and hateful she is very difficult to be around.  I worry about my granddaughter having to live with someone like her.  I pray and pray that she will change and I guess in some ways she has but she has so far to go.  She just told me to shut up.  You don't know how much that hurts.  Going to blows won't help but I sure feel like it could.  I don't want to hurt my granddaughter. 

I would be so very happy if she could be happy.

brandi497
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM

• Your looks? I would like to lose some weight.
  • Your finances? I would like to not spend as much $$
  • Your home? Keep it cleaner
  • Your relationship? More communication
  • Your personality? Be more pleasant to be around
  • Your "mommying"? Having more patient
  • The world? Recycle
ldgforever
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I am happy with my personal life....However, for me to be happier (which would make me a better mommy) I need to make changes to my work life. I work for a doctor, when I started there as the receptionist, there were 5 employees. Now there is me (the medical asst. and office manager and personal assistant to the dr) and a receptionist. I feel totally burnt out and he refuses to hire help. A few months ago I turned in my 2 weeks notice and he said I was irreplaceable and would do whatever to keep me. I told him he had to hire a nurse/medical asst. so that I could deal with billing, claims and so forth. That was in Feb. He now refuses to hire help. He is going through a lot of personal issues and has no family, so I feel like he needs me. The worst part is it sucks all the life out of me and when Im home I am tired and grumpy. I feel like Im in a rock in a hard place!

And as far as looks...Id love a boobie lift! LOL

MamaDavies
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

What would make me happier with:

• My Looks:  I'd love to lose my c-section kangaroo pooch.  I didn't mind it so much a few months after my son was born, but it's a year later and I'm still carrying this all natural fanny pack around!
  • My finances: I'm a stay at home mom, and my husband works his butt off to provide for us.  I would love for my etsy stores to take off so my hubs can relax a bit.
  • My home:  I'd just love a home of my own!  We live with the inlaws, not that I don't love them, but I'd love a place of my own!
  • My Relationship: My hubs and I are getting ready to celebrate our firs year of marriage, and the first year is always the hardest I've heard.  Boy can I contest to that.  A new marriage, a new baby, a whole new family.  It's a lot of work, and there is still work to be done, but I think the thing that would make me the most happy would be better communication.
  • My personality:  I'd love to be able to start saying "no".  I say yes way to often because I want people to like me when really I just need to love myself.  That would make me happy!
  • My "mommying":  I want to be more involved.  Health wise this year has been hard.  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  I was present as a mother but not as active as I wanted to be, so I would love to be more active and involved!
  • My World: This is a very long list, but I think I'm going to work harder at giving a little more to those who don't always get so much.  I am very blessed regardless of my little dislikes here and there, and I would like to be able to share what I have with others!
Quoting Cafe Kristin:

• Your looks?
  • Your finances?
  • Your home?
  • Your relationship?
  • Your personality?
  • Your "mommying"?
  • The world?

-Morgan Davies

Mama to Trenton Davies 5/5/11
Wife to Ryan Davies est. 07/19/11

buninoven0989
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM
  • Your looks? losing 25 pounds and toning my belly
  • Your finances? having more so i can make my family happy
  • Your home? having a home of our own
  • Your relationship? learning how to open up more and letting go of the past
  • Your personality? more confidence and more patience
  • Your "mommying"? just to try and be a better mom overall
  • The world? overall making the world a better place for my kids so that i wont worry as much
    abbysmommy429
    by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

My looks- I would be much happier if I lost 10-15 pounds.

abbysmommy429
    by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Finances- I would be thrilled if we could actually stick to a budget.

abbysmommy429
    by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Home- I just want a home, a place to call home.

abbysmommy429
    by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Relationship- I need to make more time for him and put more effort into hearing him.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN