Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What would make YOU happier?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you consider yourself happy -- with every aspect of your life? If so, you're very lucky! Many of us want to make changes in our lives that we know would make us happier, but where do we begin?

Making real changes to improve your overall satisfaction with yourself and your life takes effort, and more importantly time. So we procrastinate. Am I right? This is exactly why we created the Mom Happiness Makeover: to spark the fire under our tushies to get moving on making ourselves happier!

What would make you happier with:

• Your looks? Get happier about your looks here.
  • Your finances? Get happier about your finances here.
  • Your home? Get happier about your home here.
  • Your relationship? Get happier about your relationship here.
  • Your personality? Get happier about your personality here.
  • Your "mommying"? Get happier about your "mommying" here.
  • The world? Get happier about the world here.

simple smile

*This challenge is sponsored by CafeMom and is not associated with Dr. Aymee Coget of happinessmakeover.com.

Official Rules * (Note, this sweepstakes has ended.)
The "Mom Happiness Makeover" Sweepstakes starts on April 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm (ET) and ends on May 13, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period")

Enter by replying to this post with your answers to the above questions during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.

One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 American Express gift card. The random drawing shall occur on or about May 15, 2012.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here to see the rest of the official rules.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (61-70):
elrikandisis
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

A better h ome for my kids would make me happier :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
greenmachine47
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

• Your looks? To lose a whole lot of weight
  • Your finances? To be debt free and to be able to live comfortaly.
  • Your home? To sell my trailer and buy a newer trailer/manufacture home at the park my sister lives at.
  • Your relationship? To possibly find someone to have a relationship with.
  • Your personality?Learn not to get so angry at times.
  • Your "mommying"? More patient and less anger
  • The world? Less crime
sunangel803
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Looks - losing 50 lbs
Finances - having enough money every month to get the bills paid without worrying and finding a job in my field.
Home - a bigger house
eevers55
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • Your looks? Lose the last of my pregnancy weight (20lbs)
  • Your finances? have more lol
  • Your home? live in a house rather than apartment
  • Your relationship? nothing
  • Your personality? nothing
  • Your "mommying"? nothing
  • The world? calmer
Jenny78FML
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
What would make me happy is to have a real friend and a closer family. I consider myself to be a happy person and very caring person but lately in my life I feel that I am constantly giving so much of myself to help and be there for family and friends that I don't seem to get the same in return. I have friends which appears to be slowly fading away. I understand that as we get older and have our families our prioritys change but if you are a true friend and value your family then it shouldn't be hard to try to make these things just as a priority in life at least once a month. I feel I have done very well for myself I am 33 I have a great career a beautiful home, 3 beautiful kids, and a husband. You would think I should feel some kind of joy. At times yes but at a mom we all know we give so much of ourselves to our family's and friends, but what about us. Is it too much to ask for that shoulder to cry on, that hour phone call you just may need to vent, or just and happy hour with friends. Is it too much to ask for these things? Am I being too sensitive?
yvonne37
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM

My looks. Def. need to improve my body, I am feeling like and old lady lately lol so I need to work on more workouts.

My Home. I need to keep working on making it look the way we want.

My finances. I need to help my household with a second income :)

myhandsomelove
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM

looks: to lose 20 lbs and tone up, i want hot abs!!

finances: to pay off our loans and have more to spend on the kids.

home: i want to finish remodeling, we started got the living room done and thats it, we have ALOT to do still.

relationship: to have what we used to, its not the same anymore hes changed alot.....

personality: i would have to say not letting everything get to me, i need to learn to relax and let go.

mommying: patience.

world: theres alot in this world that needs to be fixed, but i do think we should focus on us as a country instead of trying to fix everybody else, because no one is returning the favor......

blondie805
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Oh Dear God where would I start? I guess the most thing would be my looks. I need to lose about 60+ lbs and I haven't had a decent haircut in over 3 years.

Yes, I would love to be a better mother. All of us would but, somehow, it's not that important to me. I love my kids and they really love me. As long as God leads us, I am good.

I could use a full-time job that would not interfere with both my part-time job and my keeping my awesome grandson and be able to pay for his mother's college in another year. That would really put the frosting on my cake.

I also would like to be able to talk in a more approachable matter with other people. I have a hard time making friends sometimes due to my insecurities.

I have seizures and recently they have become a reall issue. Sometimes, I have to truly make an effort to keep them at bay. Stopping them Would make me the happiest.  

Mom2be360
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Becameing a mother

Quoting PEEK05:

• Your looks? Losing 40 pounds
  • Your finances? Just having more I guess, lol.
  • Your home? Owning our own home
  • Your relationship? Learning how to let go of control
  • Your personality? Being more patient overall
  • Your "mommying"? Again, more patient.
  • The world? Oh gosh, I don't know. There is so much wrong that it's hard to just choose one that would make me happier with the world.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unicorn992005
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I would be happier if I was more patient with my kids. Sometimes I lose control of my mood and let every little thing get to me. I would like to be able to control that more.  I have to remember that they are kids and they are still learning about life.  It is hard being a mom.  I also would like to have a better paying job so that I could better support my family.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN