Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Desserts - wild, crazy, OUTRAGEOUS!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

We know you deserve a few minutes to yourself so we're going to
pour you a virtual drink of your choice and even serve up tasty treats.

Be sure to let us know what you would like!!

Who doesn't like dessert? I'm guessing most of us do!

So share with us some wild, crazy, silly or just plain OUTRAGEOUS
desserts you've come across.

1. Tell us the name of the dessert (s).

2. Post a picture of it if you can.

3. Of course we want the recipe if possible.

4. We're also curious - With interest in Pinterest rising, have you been inspired to make anything you've seen on their site?

*Please link to your source to give credit where it's due!*

Here's a silly one I found. 

It's Baked Potato Ice Cream!

Ingredients

For the "butter" frosting:

• Yellow frosting

For the potato ice cream:

• 1 pint vanilla ice cream
  • Cocoa Powder (recommended: Hershey's)
  • Whipped topping (recommended: Cool Whip)
  • Yellow frosting (recommended: Betty Crocker)
  • 1/4 cup chopped pistachios

For the "butter" frosting:

Directions

Line the inside of a cover of a butter dish with plastic wrap. Fill the cover completely with yellow frosting and freeze until hard. Lift the "butter" out of the cover using the plastic wrap. Cut into squares.

For the potato ice cream:

Have a sheet pan covered with plastic wrap. On 1/2 of the pan, place the pint of ice cream down on its side. Fold the plastic over the ice cream and make a seal.

Using your hands, quickly form the ice cream into a potato shape. Then, create a wedge across the length of the potato. Tightly twist the ends of the plastic wrap and make knots at each end, like a mozzarella ball.

Place the ice cream in the freezer until it hardens, about 20 to 30 minutes.

Remove the ice cream from the freezer, unwrap and dust all over with cocoa powder. Fill the wedge with whipped topping and place a pat of "butter" frosting on top. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.

While you wait for your request to be filled check these posts out too!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time here!!

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM

This is SO cute!!!! I want the recipe if you find it! :)

Quoting lordkanarven:

I lost the recipe, but its just yellow cake with chocolate frosting on top and a fondant cup :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

lordkanarven
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Basically what you do is make a cake whatever kind you like and cut out circles. Get some fondant and cut out circles just a little bigger than the cake circles. Roll out the fondant and cut strips slightly taller that the cakes. Put the fondant circles underneath the cake, then wrap the strip around. Carefully seal up the edges with you thumb. make a little handle out of fondant and stick it on the side. Make any sort of chocolate glaze you like. Let it cool. poke the cake with a tooth pick a bunch to times ( so the glaze goes into the cake) then poor the glaze over the top of the cake. decorate with a little marshmallow, cocoa powder or powdered sugar

Sorry I dont have the real recipe for you I hope this is good enough to get you going in the right direction :)

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Quoting lordkanarven:

I lost the recipe, but its just yellow cake with chocolate frosting on top and a fondant cup :)

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Perfect, thanks!

Quoting lordkanarven:

Basically what you do is make a cake whatever kind you like and cut out circles. Get some fondant and cut out circles just a little bigger than the cake circles. Roll out the fondant and cut strips slightly taller that the cakes. Put the fondant circles underneath the cake, then wrap the strip around. Carefully seal up the edges with you thumb. make a little handle out of fondant and stick it on the side. Make any sort of chocolate glaze you like. Let it cool. poke the cake with a tooth pick a bunch to times ( so the glaze goes into the cake) then poor the glaze over the top of the cake. decorate with a little marshmallow, cocoa powder or powdered sugar

Sorry I dont have the real recipe for you I hope this is good enough to get you going in the right direction :)

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Quoting lordkanarven:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bchic24
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this

bchic24
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM
5 moms liked this

ctfirsttimemom
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

oh yummm...

Quoting gypsy_rose:

S'more Pie

Ingredients for graham cracker crust:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tbs sugar
1/3 cup melted butter

Mix together and press into the bottom and sides of a 9in pie plate freeze for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

Ingredients for filling:
1/4 cups white sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
3 egg
2 oz semi sweet chocolate chopped                 
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bag of marshmallows
Directions:
In a medium pan whisk sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt. Beat in Milk and eggs till smooth and combined. Whisk constantly till it starts to thicken.  Remove from heat... Add in chocolate, butter, and vanilla whisk till smooth.

Pour into prepared pie crust. 

Take your marshmallows and cut and half. 

Top pie with the mallows, place under pre heated broiler keep oven door open and watch them so they don't burn. Turn your pie plate if needed to for even browning. takes about 30 seconds. 

Chill in the fridge for about 4 hours before serving. My husband nuked his slice for 30 seconds before eating... he likes his stuff warm.... he thought it tasted much better than any s'more!

mrinewfe21
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

those look soo amazingly good! eatinglets goo i'm waiting lol

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

And because really, who doesn't need a homemade Snickers bar?

Mrinewfe21angel mini

mrinewfe21
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

ladies please stop! lol you all are making me hungry again baking

morrigan914
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Candy bar cake! Too much chocolate cake with cream cheese chocolate frosting surrounded with kit kats and covered in M&M's yum!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Oreo cupcakes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)