Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The Best Kind of Market, the Farmer's Market

Posted by   + Show Post

Oh man, I can't hide my excitement for farmer's markets. Starting next Wednesday my most favorite one in Indy starts up which means the guilt I feel for not having a garden full of my own vegetables will be dissuaded for another summer. You see, I wholly believe in growing a garden, but I stink at it. So yes, I plant a garden for practice and bragging rights for when I do actually produce an edible product, but honestly? The farmers are better at it and they sell it for much cheaper than the stress it requires me to produce produce.

My family knows that every Wednesday night is going to be 'experimental' vegetable night. I often let Addie pick a new item or two in an effort to get her excited about green stuff and instilling the importance of shopping local. My favorite is thinly sliced zucchini sauteed in olive oil with garlic and then spread with shredded mozzarella cheese. Seriously, try it. I don't like zucchini any other way. 

I've never been let down by a farmer's market, especially since so many of them now have fresh breads, jellies, honey and herbs (for so much less than grocery stores!) We'll know summer has truly arrived when my favorite corn vendor takes up his spot halfway down the line of pitched tents.

How do you feel about adding a weekly trip to a farmer's market to your regular shopping? 

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
amonkeymom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I love the Farmer's Market and cannot wait until they start up around me. 

elijahsmama09
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM
I cant wait either!
Rushn311
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I would definitely like to do it.

LancesMom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I would love to add a weekly trip to the farmers market. Its my favorite place! Unfortunately the one in town is only open on Thursdays. When I work! I hate that! =(

dixiegurl223626
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I love the farmer's market and go often with my son

babyboxfish
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

this sounds awesome!

Quoting amy7243:

I already make an extra trip to the amish market every week :)

babyboxfish
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

we go to our produce stand every other week.

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I love the farmers market....its so much fun ! I try to go once a month, but weekly would be great !

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Quoting babyboxfish:

we go to our produce stand every other week.

I am going to try and make a conscious effort to go more often....starting with every other week :)

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Quoting amy7243:

I already make an extra trip to the amish market every week :)

I sooo wish we had an Amish market here ! Florida sucks. :(

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)