Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The Best Kind of Market, the Farmer's Market

Posted by   + Show Post

Oh man, I can't hide my excitement for farmer's markets. Starting next Wednesday my most favorite one in Indy starts up which means the guilt I feel for not having a garden full of my own vegetables will be dissuaded for another summer. You see, I wholly believe in growing a garden, but I stink at it. So yes, I plant a garden for practice and bragging rights for when I do actually produce an edible product, but honestly? The farmers are better at it and they sell it for much cheaper than the stress it requires me to produce produce.

My family knows that every Wednesday night is going to be 'experimental' vegetable night. I often let Addie pick a new item or two in an effort to get her excited about green stuff and instilling the importance of shopping local. My favorite is thinly sliced zucchini sauteed in olive oil with garlic and then spread with shredded mozzarella cheese. Seriously, try it. I don't like zucchini any other way. 

I've never been let down by a farmer's market, especially since so many of them now have fresh breads, jellies, honey and herbs (for so much less than grocery stores!) We'll know summer has truly arrived when my favorite corn vendor takes up his spot halfway down the line of pitched tents.

How do you feel about adding a weekly trip to a farmer's market to your regular shopping? 

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-52):
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I may try ours again this year.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That's why I said I might give ours another try last year ours was way overpriced.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Our farmer's market is a joke and not worth the early trip out, but if we had a good one, I'd gladly make it my regular stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN