Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby names

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
Do you get irritated when you give a child an uncommon name and a few years later it becomes totally mainstream?

*Michelle is not allowed to answer since her DD's name is her creation. Lol! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Hmm my daughters name isn't uncommon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
It's Olivia if you couldn't guess!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Landon's name was on the way out as far as popularity. Lexi wasn't a common name until we chose it... Then it was every where. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Same for us with Aubrey's name.  I'd heard it one other time when she was born.  Now it's freakin EVERYWHERE!  lol

Quoting jltplk25:

Landon's name was on the way out as far as popularity. Lexi wasn't a common name until we chose it... Then it was every where. Lol

jltplk25
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
When I took Landon in for K-round up, everyone was like, "oh there's another Landon _____ that's going to be in kindergarten too!" They kept talking about it as if I weren't around so I finally turned and said yeah, it's the county prosecutor's son. Lol. They shut up after that.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Same for us with Aubrey's name.  I'd heard it one other time when she was born.  Now it's freakin EVERYWHERE!  lol

Quoting jltplk25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
My kids names are pretty common, Jonathon, Madelyn and Alexander
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TashaLav
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Ds name is Braxtin and for some reason when people hear me say his name in a store or something they feel composed to tell me their new baby's name is Braxtin also....I don't know why its not like we're in a 'braxtin' club... Itd be like if your kids name was aiden(which is pretty popular these days) and whenever someone else was named aiden they told you...itd be nonstop all day! I liked it when the nurses said they've never heard it before and now it seems like a lot of babys a year and under are named it....I also get 'your mom must have had a lot of braxton hicks' when were places...um no...i didn't have any at all and if I did why would I name my son after those things! 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I was gonna name dd mariah(after MARIAH CAREY) but there's enough mariah's in the world so I decided on something different and I wanted to honor my aunt and grandma (moms mom) so I named her braelyn dianne (plus my aunt told me no name her something different cause mariah is too common). my baby girls name is getting to be common now among both boys and girls smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Yes!
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Both my kids names are popular. Boo! I guess maybe we just don't realize how popular they are until we have a kiddo with that name then hear it tons.
There were two Cameron's on his dads side of the family within 2 years after he was born. I was so sad because that family is huge and it took forever to find a name that wasn't already taken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)