• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time to get away to myself?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have two older children that live with me. A daughter 21, and my son who is 17. My son has his own schedule and gets everything he needs to get done himself, he's very self-sufficient, and an easy child to live with. My daughter has always been the "troubled" one and difficult to deal with. I no longer work due to a disability, so I am home ALL the time. My daughter works and uses my car to get herself back and forth. Even on her days off she takes off in my car to do as she pleases. A few days ago I blew my stack and gave her a good piece of my mind. I am tired of her taking me for granted and that she can do as she pleases while she lives with me and doesn't pay any of the household expenses. She keeps gas in the car and that's about it. I really feel the need to get away by myself for a couple of days to decompress, relax and do nothing if thats what I want to do. Is this so terrible to feel this way. Should I just do it? Any feedback appreciated.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maevelyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM

No you're living with freaking adults they should be able to manage with out you.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

It sounds like your son can take care of his self. Your daughter is grown. I say take off and enjoy yourself, you deserve it!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM
No, just go. they'll survive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)