Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to blow up at my mother!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am a single mother of four kids (14, 6, 3 and 8 months). I separated from my husband last nov. because he was verbally and physically abusive, we separated in nov of last year. Now I have my new apartment and my 16 year old sister was being bullied at school, so I thought I would be nice and have my sister attend the same school where my kids attend. Since the enviroment is totally different. My mother said she would be responsible and would rather she come to school with my kids than anywhere else. Please know I'm not receiving any kind of monetary compensation of any kind.

Now 4 months later I have been telling my mom to call my sister during the week and check on her to make sure she's doing her homework, and she's doing her share of chores. I'm having such a hard time because my sister would rather be in from of a mirror, or on her cell phone with boys, than to do her homework. She s not defiant but she likes to talk back and not do her homework, her grades are ds and fs not good at all. My mother hardly ever calls during the week, shows no care in the world about her grades or to see what is going on with her life.
I'm not happy in the influence my sister is to my daughter. My sister likes to give a hard time to my 3 year old. My sister is the youngest so she is not used to having small kids around 24/7.
I'm at the point that I don't know what to do. Well I do know I would like to call my mom and yell at her a few things.

Please help how to it confront my mom. I have told my mom she needs to be more active in her daughters life. I feel like she's going thru mid life .... My day is busy as it is I can't afford to be the mother of 2 more!!!

Mothers day is right around the corner I would hate to have a sour mothers day.

Please HELP!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kandiface
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM

It unfortunately sounds like the last of your mom's kids is gone and she's doing the empty nest happy dance. I'm not sure how to get a parent to parent again..? She must be thinking that you took her, now she's your problem. I don't know, you can't make a person take interest in something or someone. But I wouldn't worry at all about mother's day. You have a nice day with your kids and don't worry about your mom. It's her loss.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Send her back! Make your mother be her mother again. Yeah, it might suck for your sister to go back to her other school but it's not like removing her from the old one really made her flourish. You aren't her mom, send her back to her real mom. Maybe it'll teach both of them a lesson.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Send her back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

IMO She needs to go back home with her mom. She isn't your responsibility. That is to much for you to take on. Send her home.

snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Yep I argee with the other's she needs to go back1

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

This. Be firm about it, pack her bags, and take her back to your mother.  If she will not leave, notify your mother that you are calling the authorities to have your sister removed, then DO IT!bump

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Send her back! Make your mother be her mother again. Yeah, it might suck for your sister to go back to her other school but it's not like removing her from the old one really made her flourish. You aren't her mom, send her back to her real mom. Maybe it'll teach both of them a lesson.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Pammi86
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Sorry! : (
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)