Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my teen

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

my teen is 15. he wont help out. he thinks why should he if dad doesnt. when i or his dad ask him to do something he said f--- you. we take away things until he does what we ask but it still doesnt matter. what should i ??

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM

If my child said fu** you to me, I'd slap her face. You have to take a stand so he doesn't walk all over you worse than he already does.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Hello, boot camp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
binxie23
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Im all for slapping his mouth, thats what my would have done, had I been dumb enough to say such a thing. mom put the fear of god is us kids

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Remind him that f--- you can't do several things: Put clothes on his back, roof over his head, food in his belly and it will get him put F---ING OUT!!  Is f--- you really worth it.

reche1978
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM

take everything away even his door.  Smack his mouth for saying f--- you.  He needs to heps he wants clean clothes he needs to wash it.  The most important thing is dont back down its your house he learns to respect it.  Hes to young to drive but when the time comes no driving lessons to car, no barrowing the car.

nursemc
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Dad is setting a very bad example. A lot of men don't help out around the house because they work, but kids don't see that.

They see a parent leave the house, that's it. They don't really understand "work". If that's his only argument, then dad needs to start helping out. Another thought about the swearing- is he following dad's lead when he talks to you like that?

GentleGoddess
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Soap in his mouth. Re bond with him. He know goes nowhere with his friends. It's you and him. He has lost that connection with you, and he's a teen. If just whined and complained, ignore it, he will do as he asked. But if he is swearing at you, soap. Take away all electronics. Gets nothing for months, has to earn it back.
Why doesn't his dad help out? He dad should be teaching him by example. You want him to be a good husband and father. And he is learning to be a lazy disrespectful ass. Dad needs to be doing as I do. Not do as I say. Dad needs to step up to the plate and be real man and teach his son to be a real man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife0424
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Take everything from him except clothes. Take his door if he wants to be disrespectful he doesn't deserve privacy. Then the next time he gets mouthy your husband needs to lay his ass out. Some kids need their asses beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM

i would slap the living shit out him and make him watch while i throw all of his crap in the trash.

he would have a matress a blaket and a pillow. thats it.

mamabearlehman
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Agree

Quoting armywife0424:

Take everything from him except clothes. Take his door if he wants to be disrespectful he doesn't deserve privacy. Then the next time he gets mouthy your husband needs to lay his ass out. Some kids need their asses beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)