Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my teen is 15. he wont help out. he thinks why should he if dad doesnt. when i or his dad ask him to do something he said f--- you. we take away things until he does what we ask but it still doesnt matter. what should i ??

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (11-16):
blondie805
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Ok. This is a tough one. First get Dad on the same page and let him handle him for a while. Second, point out that Dad does his part by supporting the family. I really think that you and your hubby need to talk and come up with a solution that both of you can agree on. You deal with him longer and that's stressful enough. Go on a date with your hubby and really talk. You need his support. If that doesn't work send him to a boot camp for kids.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I would show him you mean business. Remove EVERYTHING from his room, including the door and show him you mean business! He goes to school and thats it! I would not put up with that kind of talk! Whew, I have awhile but what am I in for with a teen lol!

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Don't so anything for him! Don't cook dinner for him..his laundry...NOTHING.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM

You need to get dad on board first and foremost.  It takes both of you to agree on what is good for your son.  You also have to let your son know that you will NOT stand for that kind of language in your home.  Your son is 15 and he needs to know his boundaries.  That will mean taking things away.

Start making him earn things that he wants.  Respect is a big thing and it is a shame so many do not demand it they just gaff it off thinking it is just a stage...NOT SO.  

enafaye
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Take everything away EVERYTHING, then he has to earn them back.  He has nothing without you. How did it get this bad?  Friends?  He has to be seeing this to believe it is allowable.

zildjans_mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I took everything from my son for being disrepectful and made him earn it back his dad called dss on me, got him taken away from me, charged with neglect of a child and he got sole custody and placement I see my son 2 days a month where I am its child neglect so be very careful how its handled
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)