Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How does one attempt to leave their husband with no money, no job, no family to live with and 3 small children??

Other than a shelter that is.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Stay with friends, see if any churches can help with finding a place, otherwise I have no idea

splatz
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM
That takes at least a year to 3-4 years though. I looked into it when I was a single mom.

Quoting goddess99:

Welfare could help you get housing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Lets move in together! lol I'm sooo ready to be a single mom again.

I lived in a domestic violence shelter for 6 months with Cam. Then I was able to get longer term transitional housing. It was really really hard. But, way better than being in an abusive situation. I hope you are able to figure things out honey. If you need me I'm here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:15 AM
When I left I went on state aid... I did have a sister I could stay with but you could try a shelter... They have lots of ways to help you get on your feet. If there is DV or other criminal activity you can have him removed from the home and collect state aid. You can also go to your local welfare office and ask what options are available in your area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Have you checked how much you can get from welfare? When I split with my ex my rent was $700. I had 3 kids and was given $900 in cash and $700 in food

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

I can't afford where we live now, we pay $865 just in rent, nothing included

Plus our lease is up next month

Quoting goddess99:

If you know your marriage is 110% over then I would kick him out, why tote around 3 kids?.. Work on divorce papers, child support, and alimony. I wouldn't uproot myself and 3 kids, I would uproot him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I would so do this in a heart beat, wish you were closer

Quoting splatz:

Lets move in together! lol I'm sooo ready to be a single mom again.

I lived in a domestic violence shelter for 6 months with Cam. Then I was able to get longer term transitional housing. It was really really hard. But, way better than being in an abusive situation. I hope you are able to figure things out honey. If you need me I'm here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I looked into the housing, all of the lists are closed any where near me

Quoting splatz:

That takes at least a year to 3-4 years though. I looked into it when I was a single mom.

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I'm sorry to hear this Lauren.

hugs

splatz
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Yeah its stupid how you can only apply at certain times. I applied during one of the application dates for a really out of the way area a few years ago. They just contacted me a few months ago to let me know I had moved up closer to the top of the list and I had to go through reapproval. Ack..

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Quoting splatz:

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM

All the lists are closed here bc there are so many people on the wait list, that it would be pointless to apply......

Quoting splatz:

Yeah its stupid how you can only apply at certain times. I applied during one of the application dates for a really out of the way area a few years ago. They just contacted me a few months ago to let me know I had moved up closer to the top of the list and I had to go through reapproval. Ack..

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Quoting splatz:

Quoting goddess99:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN