Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ladies, have you ever bought a car by yourself?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just curious if you've ever bought a car all by yourself without involving a spouse, boyfriend, father or male friend?

family car

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Replies (11-15):
sllytnkrbl
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I bought my last two cars by myself.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM
No. My dad bought all mine (long story). Dh and i got our first car thanksmto my dad as well after dh wrecked his. Then after that, dh and i lookednat cars together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

When I was a teenager I paid to take driving lessons. I got my license and passed the written and driving test. When I tried to drive I was too scared and I would start shaking.I started driving lessons again. Still nothing. When I was 18 or 19 I finally bought a car and paid insurance. I was sure paying all that money would make me be able to drive. With the driving teacher I was ok. We were on the freeway and he told me to look at speedometer. I was going 90 miles an hour. As it turned out when I wanted to go someplace my sister would drive me in my car. I always felt proud it was my car but no one knew accept my family. It was an almost new camaro in the seventies. My sister ended up totaling my car with her and my grandmother in it. Thank God they were ok and that's all I cared about. I lost the money I spent but at least my family was ok. My sister is a different kind of person. Wonder what I would have had to pay if it were the other way around.

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)