Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Small lump in armpit..... very scared :(

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey there moms and moms to be... have any of you ever felt the inside of your armpit and felt or noticed any small lumps... like about the size of a pea, alittle painful to the touch and stationary when you touch it? The other day i felt a small lump under my armpit when i was putting on deoderante. It was painful when i was applying the deoderante and i automatically thought breast cancer :( however no type of cancer runs in the family but i still couldn't stop thinking that that might be it. I know im close to my period starting and that might be the cause but im just not sure. Its again the size of a pea, kindof hard maybe not its sort of hard to tell, alittle painful to the touch ( though i have been pushing on it pretty hard) and it doesnt move. My mom in law thinks that it could be a swollen lymph node and my husband tells me that i don't have cancer but i can't help but freak out. I've had this before during my period and a couple days later it a gone away. But this one has apperd before my period... but i know im due for a period soon. Can anyone give me some good and comforting advice? :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-15):
OliviasMommy611
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM
You need to report this to your primary physician ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joeana.bush87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Its a cyst. I have them too! Ive have them on both they cut one out and they screwed it up so bad that i keep getting more under my left arm and my right get just two im on a strict anyibiotic since its a skin disorder and they dont know what causes it. I forget the name of it but it begins with a d. Im on the med solodyn. It sucks cause ive got to keep my time outside limited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I get those, especially the left arm pit. Id call the doc but in the mean time, try a warm compress to the spot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesusgirl76
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Please keep us posted

Quoting delanna6two:

Hugs...hope all is ok...check with your drs.

MrsGigabytes
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Could be a boil. Apply heat for 10 min a couple times a day and see if it comes to a head and should drain. I had issues with them after each time I gave birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)