Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Small lump in armpit..... very scared :(

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hey there moms and moms to be... have any of you ever felt the inside of your armpit and felt or noticed any small lumps... like about the size of a pea, alittle painful to the touch and stationary when you touch it? The other day i felt a small lump under my armpit when i was putting on deoderante. It was painful when i was applying the deoderante and i automatically thought breast cancer :( however no type of cancer runs in the family but i still couldn't stop thinking that that might be it. I know im close to my period starting and that might be the cause but im just not sure. Its again the size of a pea, kindof hard maybe not its sort of hard to tell, alittle painful to the touch ( though i have been pushing on it pretty hard) and it doesnt move. My mom in law thinks that it could be a swollen lymph node and my husband tells me that i don't have cancer but i can't help but freak out. I've had this before during my period and a couple days later it a gone away. But this one has apperd before my period... but i know im due for a period soon. Can anyone give me some good and comforting advice? :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2bubbas
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM

A friend of mine had this, and it was an ingrown hair--i don't think tumors are painful to touch, but i could be wrong--a swollen lymph node? get it checked out to relieve your worries!

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had that before.  It was a cyst.  Had it removed, I'm fine now.  PS...a needle into the armpit HURTS!  lol

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I don't think tumors are painful either. If you still have them a few days after your period is done, I might make a doctor appointment just so you don't have to worry anymore.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I would have the Dr take a look at it. 

dsebastian23
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM

You prob have a cyst caused by an ingrown hair.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hugs...hope all is ok...check with your drs.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

ditto

Quoting goddess99:

I don't think tumors are painful either. If you still have them a few days after your period is done, I might make a doctor appointment just so you don't have to worry anymore.

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I would think its a cyst.
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

My husband had that and are doctor told him it was a Sebacous Cyst! Noting to worry about. I would still go see the doc!

MeridaMomma4
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I also get one right before my period and it will go away after my period ends, my gyno felt it and said it was a swollen lymph node (milk duct?), I was scared to find out too and honestly it still makes me uncomfortable when it shows up every month ...go get it checked for your own peace of mind

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)