Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Worried!!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

My 5 month old son wont take his bottle lately he has only eatin 4 bottles today and normally he takes 8 or 9 he is being super clingy and he isnt sleeping the way he normally does so pretty much my question is does any other mom know what might be wrong with him. Im takeing him to the doctor tomorrow i even called in sick to work but i kinda need some reassurance that it isnt super bad and that it can wait tell tomorrow to see his pcp.

thanks in advance for all the helpful comments. and plz dont sit here and tell me that i am over exagerateing i am a first time mom and yes i do worry alot but he isnt ever like this.

frown mini

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM
He could be teething
does he have a fever? vomiting at all? rash etc..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
april545
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM

When my dd grows she gets like that, when she was real little like your sons age I swear she used to wake up another inch taller.  She has been like that for the last couple of days, One of these sleep times I swear she is going to wake up 6 foot tall.  She is now 22 months and lately all she wants to do is lay in her bed and watch dora, she is usually a very busy kid from the moment her feet hit the floor.  But my pedi says as long as they are hydrated well they are ok, just realize after this passes they will eat you out of house and home.  And he was right the first time she did it I was just like you worried

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Teething, growing pains, an illness. Could be any number of things. Good luck at the dr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Could be teething or an illness. Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Let us know how he is doing today.

Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Thank you for all the advice and i deffently will we go to the doctor at 2:30 today

Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

My youngest has been this way. He had a fever too, turns out there was a virus goign around daycare.

Hugs though!

splatz
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM
This!

When my youngest was teething she didn't want her bottle. The pressure on their gums from the sucking causes discomfort.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Teething, growing pains, an illness. Could be any number of things. Good luck at the dr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I have no idea what it is. He could have an upset stomach, be coming down with a cold or getting ready to grow. I do know that as long as he's still making wet diapers a few times a day and he dosn't get any urgent symptoms (swelling, high fever ect) that he will be fine till morning. Good luck toughing out the night!

Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM

We went to the doctors today they said that he has a virus more then likely and to keep and eye on him if his symptoms seem to get worse then bring him back. And when we were there today his temp was a 100.0 so we'll see

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)