Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 month old son wont take his bottle lately he has only eatin 4 bottles today and normally he takes 8 or 9 he is being super clingy and he isnt sleeping the way he normally does so pretty much my question is does any other mom know what might be wrong with him. Im takeing him to the doctor tomorrow i even called in sick to work but i kinda need some reassurance that it isnt super bad and that it can wait tell tomorrow to see his pcp.

thanks in advance for all the helpful comments. and plz dont sit here and tell me that i am over exagerateing i am a first time mom and yes i do worry alot but he isnt ever like this.

frown mini

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Replies (11-19):
kissykissy3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM

def teething or growing!!!!!

around 4/5 months and then again around 7 months all my kids acted like that,

he just needs some snuggles :)

tanksgirl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM

aw hope he feels better soon it stinks when lil ones feel so bad

<3 Tanksgirl <3

justsusan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Breathe!  Relax.  I know it is scary.  But most of the time kids get little viruses or infections that put them off schedule, and often go away on their own, or are self limiting.  It does sound like he might be coming down with a cold, or maybe ear infection.

Here is how you can help judge how worried to be.  If he wont eat or drink AT ALL, if you cannot distract him and get him to smile or show even momentary interest in things, if he is floppy like a noodle when you pick him up rather than having muscle tone, if he has a high fever, if his soft spot seems really sunken in or bulges up taut, if he wont let you move his head, or cries/screams continuously, take him in right away.  Otherwise rock him, soothe him, offer him some water, and let his body fight it off.  Even babies are allowed to feel a little bit lousy sometimes!  

He may wake up tomorrow right as rain, or he may wake up at 2-4 a.m. screaming with a fever!  Im hoping he feels better!

Good luck!

Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM

thank you guys are awesome

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Hope he feels better soon.

hugs

Quoting Mommyof1boy250:

We went to the doctors today they said that he has a virus more then likely and to keep and eye on him if his symptoms seem to get worse then bring him back. And when we were there today his temp was a 100.0 so we'll see

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Teething

greenmachine47
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM

As a mom you have the right to be worried. Maybe take him to his dr to make sure he don't have ear infection. Has he had a cold lately? Sometimes colds can lead to ear infections. It's so hard to tell at that age since they can't tell you what's wrong or what or if anything hurts. When my dd was about that age everythime she had a cold she would get ear infections & every one was different. Like another poster suggest if he is teething.

erikadi
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I am a first time mom myself and I understand the worry. It is good that you are taking him to his pcp. I hope everything turns out ok. When my son is like this he usually is not feeling well. Your son might also be teething. I know my son does not really like the bottle when he is teething. Sometimes my son gets like that where he wants only the bottle or only wants solid food.  I realize your son and my son are individuals. So it will be interesting to hear what his pcp says.

Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM

They said he has a virus to just keep an eye on him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)