Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her Day's So Long and Busy, She Doesn't Even See Her Daughter!

Posted by   + Show Post

Monica, one of the actors in Mamma Mia on Broadway, is super busy on Saturdays. She wakes up at 6:30 (after having only first gone to bed at 1am!) and teaches two dance classes AND is on stage in two performances of the show before her day finally ends close to midnight.

Because she wakes up so early and gets home so late, she doesn't even get to see her daughter on those days - but that once-a-week sacrifice is worth it, she says, because she loves teaching dance and is grateful to have the opportunity to do so.

Do you ever have days where you don't see your kids at all because of work or other commitments? How does it feel when that happens?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Replies (51-60):
angelhart3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

ONCE a week isn't bad....

IQuitCounting
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Not in answer to the question... but watching her teach those girls was awesome!  The teachers (and mothers) on shows like Dance Moms need to take a serious tip from this woman!

ILOVELUCY18
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I completely agree with you. My DH works 5 days a week 13 hour days. It won't be forever, a couple more years at least. My kids know that daddy loves them and without dad's hard work we wouldn't have Disney passes, play sports, or all the wonderful things he provides.
So yes, there's some days he doesn't see the kids but without his hard work we would not have the wonderful life we do. I don't just mean material possessions either. Plus I can take them by our business and bring him cookies or coffee. Even if it's just 10 minutes. So that's nice.

Quoting StevensCare4u:

I dont but my DH does. The kids dont think anything of it. They know that daddy has to work to take care of us. THey know that in order for them to be able to have nice things and do sports & such that he has to work all the time. But on the other days he always (unless something comes us) makes it for dinner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeesmuse
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I really think it's sad. Your career should NEVER come before your family. Someday, she'll regret this missed time.

mellie25
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The truth is, you do what you have to. I am with my kids 7 days per week, dont get me wrong, I love it. But I would sacrifice a day or two so my husband didnt have to work so much and could get some quality daddy time with his daughters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hesmynavyman
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care if it's one day or 3! It's sad!screaming

Hesmynavyman
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I understand but even if it's 1 or 3 days to me I think it's sad I couldn't do that. sad

Hesmynavyman
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I understand they are too busy to see their kid, But I mean... for me personally I couldn't ever do that! It does not fir the roll of mother roll very well. But everyone is different. simple frown

Jellybean82
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

It's one day a week.  No big deal.

ihaveyouneed
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM
3 moms liked this

You cannot judge someone unless you have walked their shoes. Some moms go crazy being around their kids 24 X 7....others work, but still feel a loss of 'me' time when they have kids...and then of course there are the moms who have to work around the clock because they are the sole breadwinner or their spouses do not make enough to allow a simple 9 to 5 job. This is the world we live in. We have no idea if this mom is with her daughter all week with or without childcare..., we don't know her financial situation or if she is supporting extended family or paying student loans as well. We just don't know. So again, don't judge someone unless you have walked their shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)