Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth control question

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

so i started the nuva ring last mon, but i think i really messed up bad!! it wasnt really explained to me very well by my dr. anyway i started it the last day of my last per., i guess i was suposed to start it the first day of my per. then i didnt count the weeks right and i took it out a week early. when should my per. start this month?? i took it out sunday and still have no signs of starting. and from what ive read, because i didnt start it at the right time it was never fully effective. is this true? i just had a baby 9 mons ago

by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy0708toJC
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

just call your doc and tell him what you told us and go from there. 

mommy9164
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

i did and of corse never got a call back :/ i hate that office.

Quoting mommy0708toJC:

3brown1blue
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Then call again

Quoting mommy9164:

Quoting mommy0708toJC:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy9164
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Then call again

Quoting mommy9164:

Quoting mommy0708toJC:

honestly it is pointless it a horrible office i was assigned to go to im in the process of finding a new dr.

mommy0708toJC
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Quoting mommy9164:

Quoting mommy0708toJC:

if that does not work you can always go in person and make it urgent so they have to see you and answer your questions. I know most doc offices are over booked and croweded sometimes but that  is honestly no excuse for poor care. 

Jay-29, Jen-25, Jake-4, Chase-3, TTC #3

mommy9164
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

id rather wait and see a new dr then go in there. its a ways away and i know for a fact they still wont answer my question if i go in. ive beeen going there for 5 years now. ive only needed to go once a year for a pap. the staff sucks the dr is ok, but at the time it was the closest office to me, i was new to the state with no car. i was just asking if someone w=had gone threw too and what happen to them.

amanda53x
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM

yes, it is true that if you dont take any form of birth control correctly, it is not fully effective.  I would think your period would still start around the time you were supposed to take out the ring, so probably next sunday or monday.  If you dont get it by then you should take a pregnancy test.  And I would switch doctors if i were you, i'm going through the same thing with my doc, it sucks!

winnie1202
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You may want to try an IUD. It is truly a no-brainer.  I had one put in after my second child. Had it for several years and then had a new one put in and now I am in menopause. I did years of birth control pills before that.  I recommend the IUD to everyone. 

mommy9164
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

i thought about an iud and even made an appointment to have it put it but the more i thought about it, i didnt want an iud. im 31 and i dont want birth control for that long my hubby is planning on a vasectomy after we have one more (yes one more) and i dont like the idea of something foreign in my body for 5 years it just doesnt seem natural. 

greenmachine47
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM

idk if all states have a nurse on call line if so you may want to call it they might be able to advise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)