Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

seizure

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:03 AM
  • 10 Replies

hello everyone....

I am writing this post to get some advice and to see if anyone has gone through this...

My 17 month old baby boy had what I believe to be a seizure. His limbs were stiff and he wasn't breathing and he was turning blue in the face. I had to give him resusctation breaths because he wasn't breathing and I was scared I was losing my baby. Once the seizure was over he was delusional and didn't really know where he was or anything. He was extremely sleepy and was very hard to keep awake. We called for an ambulance to come to our house and they said it sounded like he has a seizure and we need to transport him to the hospital. They ran test there but couldn't figure out why he had the seizure. Can anyone give me some advice or let me know if they had experienced this....

Thank you very much. I have shortened it up so there wasn't a lot for you to read.

This happened on Tuesday May 2nd 2012

in love

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
backroadsmom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM

My oldest son went through it between the ages of 4 & 5. They started suddenly with a high fever (a febrile seizure) and lasted about a yr. After that first one, they increased and eventually he was having up to a 100 seizures a day, of all kinds. He was in Children's Hospital for a month while they regulated meds and while I fought with them to run test and to understand. I was convinced I could love him through it and never gave up hope that my son would live a normal life. My grandmother, who was a good Christian woman, prayed & fasted. Eventually I got the notion to slowly remove him from all those meds... and soon after he stopped having seizures. I give the credit to God and am so thankful for all those prayers. He will be 30 years old in June and is my brightest, most talented & successful child. He's never had another seizure... praise God.

hugspraying

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I have no idea. They need to do some testing, like an EEG.....etc...I'm so sorry you had to go through this. It had to be scary! 

hugs 

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

wow scary. I've not dealt with this. Hope it never happens again!!

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Very Scary!

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I would talk to your dr about a video EEG. Seziures can be very tricky. We are going through this right now with my dd. She is almost a year old and we think shes having them but a EEG and Video EEG hasn't shown them. On a side note my cousins niece had them for the first 2 years of her life and they never figured out why but she is now 13 and grew completely out of them by age 2. Sometimes theres not always an answer which sucks! Good luck to you and sending prayers your way! : )

bcharadva
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM
My prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and be strong for your baby!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty853
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Did he have a fever? could be a number of things. Seizures are symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Quoting kitty853:

Not always.

OP, I would schedule an appointment with a neurologist, and get his/her opinion. 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

anglgrl03
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM
I went through this with my DD when.she was 3 months old. She had them very similar to what you're describing. They seemed to come in clusters and after about a year stopped and, knock on wood, she hasn't had another and she will be 4 in August. They did lots of.tests and never found a reason but she did have a tethered spinal cord and they stopped after her spinal cord surgery. Praying for your family. It is so scary going through something like this. Trust your instincts, push doctors for more tests if you feel it is necessary. Stay strong and hang in there. PM me if you need to or want to talk. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Blended7
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM

No he didn't have a fever.

Quoting kitty853:

in love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN