Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Trying not to get upset today, but can't stop worrying I hate this!!!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm being sued by an old landlord.  I'm on public assistance and I don't own a damn thing but an old broken down car!  I'm surviving on only $300 amonth and food stamps!  Can the judge do anything to me?  I have a daughter and we are not even making it now, can't imagine if he orders me to pay anything!  I'm scared and my nerves are soooo bad from this today, I have 5 more days to respond in writing to the court, I don't know what to do.  Can they make me pay anything if I'm on welfare as it is?

I don't know if I can prove I don't own them cause they made me pay in cash all the time I never got reciepts!!!!!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

hmm Idk, good luck.

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Bump....

taina361
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

BUMP!

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Well first thing is its your word against theirs therefor I doubt a judge would make you pay a full requested amount. Secondly, do you honestly owe them anything? Bc if so I am sorry but you have to pay your bills. Just bc you have hard times doesn't mean you can cut out on them. I get it. I have been there and I wish people would cut breaks but sadly they don't always do so and we have to pay what we owe bc we agreed to owe it in the first place. A judge should understand what you are going through and will hopefully work with you but yes a judge will order you to pay something until its paid off. Even if its $5 a month. You usually will come to a agreement on a monthly payment. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)