Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I hate

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
I hate that society holds such value over sex.....a couple can't be happy just because they are best friends, they can only be happy if their sex life is great. I don't understand. Since when did that become the determination that a marriage is good or bad???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sllytnkrbl
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I can testify sex doesn't determine how good a marriage is.  The stbxh and I had amazing sex but everything else just didn't click.  Even after he cheated on me he has told me that the sex hasn't compared to what we had,  but sex is just that, sex while it may be an integral part of a relationship it's all the factors combined that make or break that relationship, there is no one factor greater than the other just less apparent or less esteemed.

Imsoinlove
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I hear you! Even my damn counselor said sex is a big factor in a relationship/marriage! Like seriously?! I feel like having good communication would be more important than that, ya know!

StaceyAmber
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I think maybe it's the emotional connection you make during sex. Of course from experience I've learned that the conection isn't always there because we are tired. Also bored of the same sex everytime....but I believe that is what is meant. There sould be a good frequencey that both partners are comfortable with and sharing that moment where you are so vulnerable opens you up to each other in a deeper way.

3brown1blue
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
We don't have sex anymore ... and I honestly don't give two sh*ts if he doesn't like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pebbles98
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I usually hear society putting emphasis on open communication in a relationship. Everything else is just added support. 

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

I hate that society holds such value over sex.....a couple can't be happy just because they are best friends, they can only be happy if their sex life is great. 

Shari55
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand, when my dh and I met, sex was not important in our relationship, and twentyfour years later it still isn't. Being good friends is far more important as well as communication.

I do get miffed that sex seems to be the only thing a marriage is what a healthy marriage is.

javamom12
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  There are many other factors besides sex, that determine how good a  relationship is.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM

So true....I was a sex addict...and I still like it....but there does need to be a balance....after sex, what else is there??? Are you friends, can you talk, have a good time together, work together???  I was crazy over sex with my dh and now we're still married but not even friends, don't talk, don't do anything together.....

Quoting javamom12:

I agree.  There are many other factors besides sex, that determine how good a  relationship is.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Whatever makes the couple happy...

auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Quoting goddess99:

Whatever makes the couple happy...

i agree.
mommy to two boys,
Tyler
Aug 9th,02
Jacob
dec 28,11
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN