Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my husbands attitude!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
Today is dh birthday and he is being a complete jerk! He hates his birthday and thinks it is stupid that I do anything for it. Last year I didnt bother throwing him a birthday party, and he got pissed off saying that I obviously dont care about him! So this year I planned a small party with just us and my family, because he doesnt get along very well with his family, but when I told him this he got even more mad because apparently I hate his family and they are important too him. Now I have every reason to hate his family but that is a different story. I do not hate his family and have tried many times to mediate with them because he has a hard time vocalizing his thoughts and feelings. But yeah. Today he is mad again because I did invite his family, they are coming over tomorrow!! I was like wtf and now we are supposed to be going shopping for food, not for his birthday but just food in general and he wont go. He did his laundry last night and forgot to put it in the dryer and instead of him just going to put it in or ask me to do it he is saying that i am ungrateful because i didnt just go do it!! I am a working sahm i work nights and am up all day with our kids and cooking and cleaning. So i dont know why i am the one that needs to be greatful! I love my husband and he is great 364/365 days a year so please dont tell me to get a divorce or anything crazy like that. I just need advice on how to deal with him today.

*UPDATE*

Today was a raging success! My miserable husband actually had a good time! I am very glad to see that my efforts arent in vain. He even helped me clean up!!
I do have the best husband ever!!!!!!! :D
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imsoinlove
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Take a deep breath, let him whine because honestly that's what men are good at. My husband is great but sometimes he just says things like he is a little kid or something. I just take a break from the situation and go back when he decides to be mature. My husband was depressed on his birthday this year because he turned 29.

3brown1blue
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Next year, leave him alone for his birthday...or do it this year. Cancel the party ... take the kids ... and just leave ... don't answer his phone call until the next day ... he'll call sounding like an asshole. Come back home, see if calmed down ... let him hear how much of an asshole he is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Junk punch him.  

spmmmommie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Junk punch him.  

I have thought about doing that a million times today but that wont make him stop. That is just lile giving him an invatation to keep being a prick. Lol
darrensmom11
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
He sounds like he's being a butt. Lol. Mine Can be a pain in the a§§ too. When He wants to do something i'm suppose to just get up and go. . But when I wanna do something or Have plans with the kids and want him to go He gives me a hard time and tries to pick a fight with me. At the end. . He ends up coming along. . But it seems like He gets a sick thrill from trying to Piss me off. Just keep smiling at him since it is his birthday. Infact be extra nice. HOPEFULLY L8R HE'LL FEEL GUILTY FOR BEING A BUTT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mbpeaceful12
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting darrensmom11:

He sounds like he's being a butt. Lol. Mine Can be a pain in the a§§ too. When He wants to do something i'm suppose to just get up and go. . But when I wanna do something or Have plans with the kids and want him to go He gives me a hard time and tries to pick a fight with me. At the end. . He ends up coming along. . But it seems like He gets a sick thrill from trying to Piss me off. Just keep smiling at him since it is his birthday. Infact be extra nice. HOPEFULLY L8R HE'LL FEEL GUILTY FOR BEING A BUTT.

I agree with Darrensmom 11; yet since I am a drama queen, I would hold it over his head. If he does not do anything for my birthday, shame his ass into guilt about how I went all out and threw him a fabulous party despite his PMSing ways. If he asks me to wash the dishes and I don't feel like it, shame him into the guilt about the fabulous party, and so forth-you get the hint. Yeah, I am a self-appointed martyr.

Resentment and holding shit over people's heads are some things I need to pray about. Sorry, just being honest.

blondie805
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hug him and love him and walk away if you can. In the middle of this arguement, try making a play for him. Hug him in a special way or kiss his neck. Sex usually takes the bad attitude away from the both of us.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say since he's not into a celebration on the day...don't plan one...maybe just a card to let him know you remembered...and just do a regular dinner meal for the day.

jesusgirl76
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Same here. There's just no pleaseing them lol

Quoting darrensmom11:

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Birthdays are a big deal for me so I'd be sad that he didn't want anything. I would just tell him you're sick of his jerk ass attitude when it comes to his birthday. And that you're never gona do anything for it again, then just forget about it. And my memory is bad so I literally would forget about it lol. If there is no pleasing him then I would just be done with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)