Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

am i getting upset over nothing

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
my brother and nephews live with my parents and we live 3 blocks down the road and they do everything with the boys (there are 3 of them 4,3,almost 2) my kids ar 4,3,8 months. Anyways if i ask them to come see the kids its no yes we go over there and my nephews are really rough the oldest is really mean to all the kids and my kids get in trouble for him hitting them they say they mess them him to make him mad. They always watch my nephews but if i ask them to watch my kids i am being lazy and they call every 30 mintues wanting to know when i am going to pick them up. My daughter loves nanna use to always stay the night with her but since my nephews live there they dont even ask for her to stay anymore(they have lived with my parents most of time so its nothing new for my nephews to always be there) So ladies should i set my parents down and tell them that they are favoring one set of grand kids over the others or should i just suck it up and deal with it.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM
No, I'd talk to them. In the end they'll be the ones hurt since they are choosing not to be a part of your lo's life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Hmm I wonder why the attitude difference now? Especially since you say the nephews were there all the time before anyway.. could it be their son living there now? Maybe he's just making more work for them, extra laundry, cooking more food...? Maybe they just don't have the energy to invest in your kids right now? Sad though really, it's their lose. I don't know if I would say something, I think I would try to figure it out or understand it better before I said something about it.

chrisbabygurl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
my brother and the kids have lived off and on with my parents i dont know what to think anymore i mean we go down there so the kids can see them and when they lived 30 mintues away we would be at their house everyday and they would ask and now that we live a total of 2 mintues away they dont ask anymore
pebbles98
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

if I read that correctly, I would say mention any issues you have with your parents. No need to argue over it or anything. Just mention it. Their reaction will tell you alot. If they seem to be surprised by your issues then your parents may not even be aware they of their behavior. If your parents seems sympathetic, then maybe they'll be open to making things more fair and pleasing for everyone. If your parents get upset over it, I'd say "piss on 'em" it's the same distance from you to them as it is from them to you.... if they wanna see any of you let them go to you. If they want a babysitter, they can hire one!

Saille717
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM

You should suck it up and deal with it.  It's a sad fact, but there is often a favorite child and that child's children tend to be the favored grandchildren.  You see it a LOT and all you'll get by pointing it out is to make your parents feel insulted, they'll turn it around and make it out like YOU'RE the one being a jerk, which will make you feel both guilty and pissed at them, but in the end, people don't change.  If your children don't see you feeling a conflict then they probably won't even notice the difference until they're much older, at which point you'll be able to have a much more candid conversation with them about it.  

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Maybe the boys being there is to much for them to handle and your kids are being left out because of it. Not on purpose!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN