Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

MY AFTER BABY BELLY REALITY...NEED ADVICE

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

After the birth of my 3rd baby, getting the baby weight and belly off  been a bigger challenge then it ever was with my other 2 where I bounced back! Before babies I was a slender 108lbs at 5.4. After my 3rd I weighed in at a whopping 160lbs!!! I was so umcomfortable in my own skin and refused to have a sex life because I thought if I looked this ugly to me, my husband could not see! It caused marriage problems and depression! However 6 months later and lots of hard work and dieting I am back down 25lbs!! Still have about 12 lbs to go before I am happy with the weight loss but I look good to everyone but myself! My legs and arms and even booty have gone back to the way I like it, but taking my shirt off is a shame...my stomach is just jelly! I do cardio, abs, and all sorts on a daily basis for an hour a day and eat right, yet it remains to stare me in the mirror everyday! It still has me self consious and showing my hubby he says it doesnt look like fat so much as excess skin, well if thats the case its not going away with working out. I need HELP! True mommy suggestions for controlling the tummy and regaining my confidence. It sounds soo old school but has anyone tried the after baby tummy control tank tops? or any product thats helped them regain some of there figure back? I am not overweight, I am back at a very healthy weight range and my whole body looks back to normal but my stomach!! We are not done having kids, we want one more in about 5 years or so,  so I dont want surgery to fix it but something along with dieting and exercise will make me not have a flubber gut! Its horrible! Its ruining my ability to have a sex life and even has me not wanting to attend my best friends wedding where I will run into countless past high school friends :( I knew that I would keep stretch marks, never thought I would keep a belly!!!!!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

No idea, but you're not alone. My belly looks awful =(

holls2188
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I know how you feel momma! It seems like I just can't get the extra weight off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COmom3Boys
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM

25 lbs came off super fast by diet and doing the 30 day shred video's with Jullian Michaels. I was so excited about my progress and finally in reach of my goal, but simply disappointed because I feel my abs after my workout, they are there lol because they hurt, but no matter the diligence or tummy work they continue to remain barried beneath the post pregnancy pouch :( sigh......

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

My third baby ruined my body.   lol

delanna6two
HAPPY FALL!!!
Today at 2:51 PM
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
3brown1blue
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Not alone. I hate everything on myself ... always have. Unfortunately for me there's really not much that I can do for myself ... physically yea sure but mentally no ... it just runs that deep ... but luckily for you, you're able to get out of your funk ... especially once you work on your belly. Dance, tummy exercises, etc will help with that. You can always join a fitness group on here to get better advice, or Google it ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Insanity has helped me a ton!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NCmommie1012
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM
How has it been going?! I want to get started

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Im doing it for the second time. I like it a lot.

Quoting NCmommie1012:

How has it been going?! I want to get started

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)