Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday party invites

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is starting summer break on June 15 (last day)  but we will be in Hawaii on the 5th.  Her birthday is in August and I wanted to know what would be an appropriate time and method to send birthday invites.  I could  leave the invites in their cubbies at the school but I don't know if that would be too much time for the parents to keep up with the invitations.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks :)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gacgbaker
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM

I'd maybe do a 'save the date' announcement and place it in their cubbies, then can you mail out the official invites later?  That way the parents are aware of it, but you send out a reminder later- you could even email the invite using a site like evites.

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:30 AM
I would just put them in the cubbies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Put them in their cubbies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Deliver them now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

This or place in cubbies

Quoting gacgbaker:

I'd maybe do a 'save the date' announcement and place it in their cubbies, then can you mail out the official invites later?  That way the parents are aware of it, but you send out a reminder later- you could even email the invite using a site like evites.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

My dd's birthday is the middle of summer too. We never invite school friends because it's just too far in advance. I don't want her disappointed when none of the kids show up.

Hopefully the parents at your kids school are more considerate and organized, but I know for a fact mine aren't.

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Could you ask the parents of your childs friends for their email addresses? I started doing this with dd, because it was getting expensive planning parties for 25 kids, and my house is way too small to host that many people. DD also like being able to invite just her closest friends, Instead of a bunch of kids that she didn't get along with or didn't know very well. I also got tired of being out ton of money and being stuck a bunch of left over food, because half the guests didn't show up.

sharjah
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Thank you all for your responses.  I've decided to take gacgbaker's advice with a combination of everyone's advice to put them in the cubbies.

I'm going to put a note in all the cubbies asking the parents for their addresses (APO).  For the parents that choose not to give their addresses I'll put the invites in the cubbies.

These are the only friends she has (except for maybe 3 girls from gymnastics and 2 in our apartment complex) and I'd like her to have a special party since this is her last birthday here.

If there are any other suggestions or if someone can think of something better, please let me know.  Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks fellow moms :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)