Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Happiness Makeover Day 1: Get Happy About Your Looks

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 1 of the Happiness Makeover! Are you ready to get happier?!

We read through all of your replies and when it comes to your looks, it seems that an overwhelming number of moms want to lose some weight. Join the club ... er... group!

Lucky for you, we've got GREAT ideas all over CafeMom!

• Start with the 7-Day Summer Shape Up where you'll find tips for toning up quick - and tricks for keeping it off!
  • Then check out these fitness tips from some of the world's top trainers and athletes - they each gave us their #1 tip!
  • And stay tuned for our Sugar Detox later in the month

Weight loss may have been the biggie, but we listened to ALL of your replies and want to help you feel happier about other areas of your appearance too:

• "Try on" new hair cuts and colors here by uploading your picture.
  • Start a beauty "emergency fund" by collecting loose change in a jar, or even setting aside a few dollars here and there in a formal account. Save that money to splurge on a beauty item or treatment you wouldn't normally buy.
  • For clearer skin, and to look younger: exfoliate, moisturize, eat well, and of course stay out of the sun! Ok, you may have heard all those before, but stay tuned for our "Summer Skin Saver" and you'll get lots more tips for keeping your skin clear, healthy, and forever young!

In the meantime, try these at-home treats that'll not only make you look great - you'll feel great too:

And don't forget to take advantage of CafeMom for weight loss advice and support, beauty and style do's & don'ts, and other fun challenges, groups, and discussions!

Which of these tips and tricks will you use? What are you doing already to make yourself happier about your appearance? Tell us your best tips!

mirrormakeuptreadmillsimple smile

To sign up for The Mom Happiness Makeover, click here.

*This challenge is sponsored by CafeMom and is not associated with Dr. Aymee Coget of happinessmakeover.com.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Aong with acne help, I could use help in lightening spots on my face from acne scars.

Quoting Cafe Kristin:

We will be including anti-acne remedies in our upcoming "Skin Saver," LovableFox! (And I will be pre-testing some of them myself!)

Quoting LovableFox:

Any anti-acne remedies?

CarrieR62
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I know it's not much, but I've lost 5 pounds, I have a goal to lose 30 so, yay, 25 to go!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I wear a hat whenever I am outside for very long, and I put on sunscreen as part of my morning routine.

Quoting rleer4:

I go for walks latter in the day and wear sunglasses and a hat.

MrsNewman
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

awesome tiips. thanks 

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

This is awesome! Thanks so much!

myhandsomelove
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

awesome thanks, it is my goal to loose my belly before my b-day(june 23) so ima start with the tone up tips, thaanks!!!!

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Ditto with the acne scars!

Quoting Bmat:

Aong with acne help, I could use help in lightening spots on my face from acne scars.

Quoting Cafe Kristin:

We will be including anti-acne remedies in our upcoming "Skin Saver," LovableFox! (And I will be pre-testing some of them myself!)

Quoting LovableFox:

Any anti-acne remedies?

I am a 17 year old, disposable diapering, formula feeding, vaccinating, pro-life, non-bashing, Christian, and first-time proud mommy to my darling son!

WheelerWife
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I'm committing to work out more and get skinnier. That will make me immensely happy.
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
The face mask ill have to try
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donnab6395
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

way to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN