Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I need help with my 8 year old daughter

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am sure my daughter has an urinary track infection. Strong smell and  a few accidents. She is 8. I took her to the doctor last week, but she refused to let the doctor (a lady) look at her. She wouldn't even pee in the cup! I don't want to do anything to make her more ashamed. I told her that all girls have to do these types of things.

Any of you ever had this happen? I mean, she cries when I tell her that we have to have this fixed or she will get sicker. She is so embarrassed.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I'd tell her it's either pee in a cup or a very big needle.  I know I'm mean but it gets it done.  DD has had to pee in a cup before....I think for a UTI but I can't really remember.   They have those bowls you put under the lid so she can sit and pee in it then you pour it into the cup.  She actually likes going to the doctor because it usually means going to do something fun afterwards....unless it's flu related.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

have her drink cranberry juice. Call the dr office and tell them this story, see if you can pick up a cup (for her to pee in) and do it at home. See if you can just bring it in and not have her be seen again.

nicole1319
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Have her drink cranberry juice :) if she does not like it dilute with water a little!

rosiesmom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Good ideas, I really didn't think about doing it at home. I'm going now to get some cranberry juice!

caddital
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

cranberry juice is amazing for UTI's you can also buy cranberry pills at walmart or CVS anywhere that sells viatiams

othermom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Maybe see if they can send a container where you can collect the urine at home, then take it in to be tested

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN