Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you ever date a single dad?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 36 Replies
A post in another group just has me curious. Could you ever date a man with children? Why or why not?

Basically the other post said if a single mom dates a man they just are looking for someone to play daddy and take care of their child(ren). So if a single man is dating does that mean he wants someone to play mommy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueeyedscorpio
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

dating is dating the only thing with having kids is you have to make sure your child comes first...i dont think that people with kids wether it be man or woman go out just looking for someone to play mom/dad. idk when dating i always look to see how they interact with MY kids wether they have kids or not...i also look to see if everyone is getting along and meshing well if not then it wont work...kids always got to come first.

Christiansmom44
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM
No. I don't know why, I just couldnt do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Yes, and I have, but I have a big heart and love children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ESER
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yes, in one way or another at least. Being a single parent is a ton of work. And if you are a single parent and dating shouldn't that person fit into the whole family? If I was dating a single parent and was lucky enough to meet his kids I couldn't just act like they don't exist.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM

No, I wouldn't.  I don't want anymore kids and if things got serious it would just cause a lot of hurt for everyone involved.  Kids are a package deal whether it's a mother or father that is single, it's important that the other person is parent material.  At least, it should be unless they are only looking for a booty call.

3brown1blue
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
If I were single, probably. It all depends my situation and his situation. If he has an ex that causes problems, I wouldn't want to be involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SwankyGoddess
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I did & I married him...BUT would I ever choose to go down the path of being a step mom again...NEVER!! I love my Skids very much...BUT their bio mom constantly is trying to be in our life & make things rough!! I have my own life & unfortunately for her...I do not have, nor will I make room for her...lol

delanna6two
HAPPY FALL!!!
Today at 2:51 PM
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Depends on how interested I was...

splatz
by Sarah on May. 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

yea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)