Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you ever date a single dad?

Posted by   + Show Post
A post in another group just has me curious. Could you ever date a man with children? Why or why not?

Basically the other post said if a single mom dates a man they just are looking for someone to play daddy and take care of their child(ren). So if a single man is dating does that mean he wants someone to play mommy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Replies (31-36):
FindersKeepers
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yes, I dated and married a single dad.  We have been together for 8 years and have a great family.  

The only way I would NOT date a single dad is if he didn't have a relationship with his kids.  I find child abandonment to be unforgivable.

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Yes. If god forbid, something were to happen to my DH or we split up, and was out their again, I would.  Just because, not all single parents are out their looking for someone to take care of their kids.  Heck there are single people without kids who move in on single parents for less than pure reasons.  You never know what you are going to find out there.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I think it would be fine, when I decide to start dating again I plan to be straightforward about the fact that I am a single mom and if the man is accepting of that it won't matter if he also has children of his own providing he is a good father - obviously if he doesn't care for his children the way I expect a man to care for their children then he isn't someone I want to involve in my kids lives.   If he is a loving, caring father then that would only show me that he is someone that I could understand and relate to.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Yep. I'm a single mom and I dated a single dad for a while. His daughter's birth mother was not in the picture at all, so it simplified things a lot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)