Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you ever date a single dad?

Posted by   + Show Post
A post in another group just has me curious. Could you ever date a man with children? Why or why not?

Basically the other post said if a single mom dates a man they just are looking for someone to play daddy and take care of their child(ren). So if a single man is dating does that mean he wants someone to play mommy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
mik1of3
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM

No.  Not after the experience I've had with my SD.

A single dad friend of mine told me he was thinking of marrying his girlfriend, and what did I think of that.  I told him to wait until his girls were grown and out on their own..that no matter how much they loved Gracie, that everything would change once she's a stepmom...EVEN IF Gracie asked their permission to marry their dad.   So he took my advice...good thing too.  He and Grace broke up a couple months later.

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Maybe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
recovered55
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM
If I love him, I will love his child just the same, as long as he will love mine as much as he loves me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swmmra
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I did date a single man, and then married him. I loved that he was a single dad with full custody of his child. He stood up and took care of his child. Not only took care but fought for him, through court system and everything. He was not a dad who stepped away from his child when it got rough, and i love him for that. He never asked me to play mommy, and the roll that I play now is like mom, but that is because bio-mom is not around and hasn't been for years. 

chellenout
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I would date a single man, but I dont know if I'd want to marry him.  I have my own home and wouldn't want to share my space or my childrens space with his kids.  I love having space that is just mine and my kids.  I dont need anyone to be my children's father.

heather4511
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Only if I liked his kids. I have a problem with other peoples kids. But if i found a single dad and i got along with his kids, that would be great because i am done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsforlove
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I saw that post and it pissed me off! that lady was crazy!

I am a single mom and the man i am talking to is a single dad with TWICE The amount of children i have! Hes a amazing father so why wouldnt i want to be with him?

NOW  if the man NEVER sees his children and doesnt try to or pay for them or anything then HELL NO i wont date him what makes me think he wouldnt do that to me if we hd children one day?

But if he is a great father then yes I would. I love kids! As long as he wants more kids we are good!

reche1978
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM

i would if i cared about that much

harrington_ou
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Just passing through... met my bf through his kids. Love him and love his kids. I don't look at that when I date, plus if I discriminate like that what's to say someone might do the same to me. Single parents (mom or dads) need to be shown love just like single men and women with out kids.
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Nope not seriously anyway. I had enough work with my own dd, I was never gona add another kid or wacko ex to the mix. Well someone else's ex wacko anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)