Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Question

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

my son has a temp of 100.4 i dont know what the temp is for babys that you need to get them checked for and he has a little red bump on his butt that i thought was part of his diaper rash but the rash is gone and the bump is still there and its starting to get hard around it im worried and dont know what to do :(

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsmesteph11
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM

The fever by itself isn't enough to worry about right now. Give him some baby motrin or tyleno (or whatever you choose to use) As for the bump, what size is it? Does it have a pussy head or is it just a red bump.  If you are worried about it call your Pedi's office and ask a nurse. They will tell you what to look for.

Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

its just red and its about the size of a dime

Knightquester
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Anytime you have a concern for your child I suggest for some peace of mind to e-mail or call your sons pediatricians office, voice your concerns and ask if an appointment is needed.

There are some things you should look for, the dot could be a rash that is outside the norm, not sure what it looks like, then again it could just be a diaper sore.  It's something if you're unsure to have checked out or to monitor and if it doesn't go down or away then to take him in.

I would not really be overly concerned for the temp if he's producing enough wet diapers at least one movement per day.  He will be moody, but if he's tugging at his ear then I'd be worried that it is an ear infection or teeth.  Not sure how old he is so he could be just teething.

Everything I really could assume or guess really could be wrong and way off base, your sons pediatrician would be the best person to talk to, sorry if I'm of little to no help.

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Call the pedi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I would call Dr.

KylesxXxKitten
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Call a doctor, maybe a spider bite.

Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:17 PM

i called his pedi and they had us come in it was staff so they sent us to er and had it cut open and drained

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM

check with your drs....hope he gets better.

pristine729
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Whenever I'm unsure, I call the pedi office and ask if I should bring him in.

How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I posted before I saw this.

Quoting Mommyof1boy250:

i called his pedi and they had us come in it was staff so they sent us to er and had it cut open and drained

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN