Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was a single Mom, I met my husband, and have been married for 9 months now.  Just before we got married, we started fighting.  The arguments have gotten slowly worse.  We both had a child prior to meeting, we fight about parenting styles.  He is very dominant/controlling, and wants things done his way, to a T.  If they aren't it's like he flips and turns so mean and angry.  He's never been physical, but he has said so many mean and hurtful things.  He tells me I'm crazy, that I'm a b*tch, called me his ex-girl friends name, and even a c*nt, tells me he wants a divorce weekly. I'm not an angel, but I have backed down many times, and he still keeps going.  Once you've said something you can't take  it back. But it seems like every time he gets pissed off with a situation I have to figure out how to fix it, when im mad, he gets mad at me for being mad, and calls me names.

Once we got married we mutually agreed that I'd stay home, finish school and take care of the kids.  I worked hard and finally got accepted in to an accelerated nursing school.  The other schools have a 2-5 year wait list.  I'm at my wits end.  I'm sick of hurting, and wanting him to love me.  I guess my question is do i wait it out and finish school?  The nursing program is another 13 months left, I just started 2 months ago.  We as the program travel a fair amount so there is no way that I can work and take care of my son.  Or do I divorce him and give up on my goal and hope to get in within the next 2 years? I'm apprehensive to leave because the cost of living is so expensive I don't think that I can work and go to school. I have very little family, and we all live all over the place, and work full time.  Please help... 

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

He's not going to change so you have to decide how long you want to be treated like crap. You don't want the kids to think this is ok though. Good luck.

thegardener0311
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I'm sorry you've found yourself in this situation. Would he be willing to go to counseling or therapy, a couples class geared towards communication skills? I was raised by a single mom after my abusive father left...if anything could have been done to confront his "demons", I know I would have been better off being raised by a mother and a father - there were gaps.

3brown1blue
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Why did you marry him when he treated you horribly???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM
This

Quoting goddess99:

He's not going to change so you have to decide how long you want to be treated like crap. You don't want the kids to think this is ok though. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandie183
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Why did you marry him when he treated you horribly???

He wasn't so horrible when we met, it started after we got married.

As far as counseling, he says that he would he says that they are "hippies" and fill your head with stuff that never happened.

splatz
by Sarah on May. 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I agree.

From the sounds of it things will only get worse.

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)