Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

a single mom needing alot of advice

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: do i continue in my relationship an be happy or listen to my family an leave?

Options:

stay

leave

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

i have so many thing to ask... so many things i don't know.... i have a 1 yr old son, his father left when i was4 months pregnant. he was a very verballyabusive man. he has never seen or even knows my sons birthday. i meet a man when my son was 2 months old. my boy friend is 39 yrs old. An the people around me think that its wrong were together, but he loves me an he adores my son as if his own. my boyfriend has a kid to. 

by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshynee
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM

he has never even said a cros word to me. he has been by my side since day one. my son has even called him "daddy" once or twice

3brown1blue
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Technically you're not single though. You're an adult and if he's a good man, then stay. Unless you're still a kid then he would be a pedo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM

If you are happy, stay... unless your 12 I dont see a problem with it...

sunshynee
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

no no i am 21 years old. im overly mature for my age :)  so then how do i get everyone off my back about our age difference... to me its not a big deal. i love him for him not his age. as does he.

sunshynee
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

an yes i am a single mom bc me an my bf dont live together. we have no plans to move in together for at lease 2-3 yrs. i only get to see him 3 days a week< bc of his job an he has a kid of his own so were trying to make things work to see each other when we can

MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell them if they can't get over it then they don't need to be in your or your child's life. happy mothers day btw

Quoting sunshynee:

no no i am 21 years old. im overly mature for my age :)  so then how do i get everyone off my back about our age difference... to me its not a big deal. i love him for him not his age. as does he.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting sunshynee:

after you are with him for a few more years, people won't be so concerned about the age difference.

I will say that if you were my daughter I would be very concerned about the age difference.

lynettemommie4
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I would stay. you are happy and you deserve to be happy. Happy mothers day! in time they probably will accept the age difference.

sunshynee
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM

but what i dont understand is that hes my uncles best friend. they work together an hang out all the time. my uncle an aunt were the ones who got us together. but now that were together an everythings going good. now theres an issue. mostly with my mother.  shes one of those moms if shes not happy i shouldnt be either. to give insight on my mom. she a control freak an wants to know every piece of my life. an she constantly telling me how to raise my son, she thinks its wrong that my son like my boyfriend. an i am trying to get my own apartment for me an my son for the first time in my life i will be on my own an she is be persistent that i move in with her. an if i do move in with her, i cant work, my bf would go thru hell to come see me, an i would never be able to raise my child the way i want to bc acording to her she always right.

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Stat hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN