Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

a single mom needing alot of advice

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: do i continue in my relationship an be happy or listen to my family an leave?

Options:

stay

leave

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

i have so many thing to ask... so many things i don't know.... i have a 1 yr old son, his father left when i was4 months pregnant. he was a very verballyabusive man. he has never seen or even knows my sons birthday. i meet a man when my son was 2 months old. my boy friend is 39 yrs old. An the people around me think that its wrong were together, but he loves me an he adores my son as if his own. my boyfriend has a kid to. 

by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaSMR
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Do what makes YOU happy. Age is just a number . You are over 18 so its your business no one else's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

If your happy stay.

charnrich26
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
you should be happy and not worry about what other people think.
LOVEiink
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I'm one of those that believe age is just a number (as long as it's of legal age and consent).  The father of my soon-to-be newborn is 33 and I'm 22, if that says anything.  If he's good to you and your son and you're happy in your relationship and he's supportive of you and your choices, then I don't see why you should leave him.  I say be happy and enjoy having a positive male role model in your son's life.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
This.

Quoting MamaSMR:

Do what makes YOU happy. Age is just a number . You are over 18 so its your business no one else's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on May. 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM
If you and your child are happy that's all that really matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icequeen13500
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Why should age matter? you'er an adult he is an adult... whats the problem? Your family isnt, pardon my saging so crudly, 'sleeping' with him. If he is there for you (supporting you pysically and mentally) and making you happy that is all that should matter to your family. Tell them so. If they cant accept it... then maybe you should work on being your own lil family for a while they'll come around.

sunshynee
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Wow thank u everyone for the bottom of my heart the support feels amazing. Truly thank you...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Do what makes you happy. Your family will come around eventually. They need to accept that you are an adult and can make your own decisions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ESER
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

If you're happy then stay. If you aren't then leave. Your family isn't in a relationship with him you are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN