Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

a single mom needing alot of advice

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: do i continue in my relationship an be happy or listen to my family an leave?

Options:

stay

leave

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

i have so many thing to ask... so many things i don't know.... i have a 1 yr old son, his father left when i was4 months pregnant. he was a very verballyabusive man. he has never seen or even knows my sons birthday. i meet a man when my son was 2 months old. my boy friend is 39 yrs old. An the people around me think that its wrong were together, but he loves me an he adores my son as if his own. my boyfriend has a kid to. 

by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If you love eachother and he loves your son then stay. age is just a number and love trumps numbers.

Knightquester
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, but "you're crazy if you let what others think or say dictate the decisions that will determine your happiness, especially if your decision is not harmful to yourself or those around you."  I could see if this guy was harmful to be around, but it doesn't sound like that's an issue.  You've found somebody that you get along with and is good to both you and your son;that's not easy to find even when you're single and without children.  Family and friends will adjust and respect change as it happens, it's not an over night thing but it'll happen.

For now just take it slow and see where it goes.  I have a friend that met a guy when her daughter was a few months old, she married him when her daughter was three years old and there's a 12 year age difference between the two of them.  They will be happily married this fall for 8 years now.  They had two children together but the love her husband has always had for her eldest child that is not his hasn't changed.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is it wrong, that you found a man who adores you, and your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

the age difference should not matter. my dad was twice my moms age and his first child is the same age as my mother. my mom is 48 and so is my half sister and if my dad was still alive he would be in his late 70's.

greenmachine47
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

If he treats you and your son good then stay. Good men are hard to find these days.

erikadi
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

They may think it is weird that he is older, but if you loves you and your son and is being he needs to be to his kid and your son, then don't listen to what others say. It is wonderful that you have that kind of love.

thecoffeefairy
by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Listen your your heart, not your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshynee
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM

thank you everyone :) at lease i get a support here.... :) thank u again 

Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Don't ever leave because of age. Is he not a good provider? Does he not provide for your son and do right by you? Does he not love you? And you're to deny him because he is too elder for you??
Maybe you won't ever find someone like him if you leave, age has nothing to do with love. And if you're looking at the factor who will die first, who are you to say because he is older he may go before you? You may never know maybe he will be around much longer. Really I dot know what these people think, stay with him. Do not disrespect you parents for this is a great wrong but do express your love for this man and how he fits the definition of what a partner should be.
I'd stay, age doesn't mean anything. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshynee
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Don't ever leave because of age. Is he not a good provider? Does he not provide for your son and do right by you? Does he not love you? And you're to deny him because he is too elder for you??
Maybe you won't ever find someone like him if you leave, age has nothing to do with love. And if you're looking at the factor who will die first, who are you to say because he is older he may go before you? You may never know maybe he will be around much longer. Really I dot know what these people think, stay with him. Do not disrespect you parents for this is a great wrong but do express your love for this man and how he fits the definition of what a partner should be.
I'd stay, age doesn't mean anything. Good luck

thank you thats excatly how i feel... like i knew how old he was when he asked me out for our firast date an i told him that his age is just a number an that its about the person on the inside i want to get to know. i dont love him for his age is about him himself... an i look at it as my family will eventually come around to the idea or they wont... but i am more then happy in every aspect of my relationship...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN