Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Your Kids and Sports

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

You deserve a few minutes to yourself so we are going to
pour a virtual drink of your choice and serve up tasty treats for you.
But be sure to let us know what you would like!!

We want you to tell us about your kids and sports:

1. Are your kids involved in any sport?

2. If they are, what sport(s) are they in?

3. How well do they like the sport and do they excel in it?

4. Are they involved because they choose to be or because it's something YOU want them to do?

While you wait for your request to be filled check these posts out too!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Replies (61-70):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute

Quoting Cafe Beth:

I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Does this help you smile at all?!!!!

Quoting wonderouslife84:

thank you hun.. im having a bad day

Krystal.Ingalls
by New Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM

My 4 year old is currently in baseball.  We were fortunate enough to find a special needs athletics organization for him.  It's important for him to participate in things like team sports so he can learn how to interact with others.  He has autism, so making friends doesn't come naturally to him.  It's something me and DH thought would be really good for him.  So far he's played bowling, basketball, and now baseball.  He loved bowling, but he wasn't a fan of basketball.  So far, he's only played baseball once, so he doesn't really know if he likes it yet.

I would like a drink with lots of vitamin C please.  We are all sick over here and I really don't have time to be under the weather long.  

wonderouslife84
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Cafe Beth:

I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Does this help you smile at all?!!!!

Quoting wonderouslife84:

thank you hun.. im having a bad day

yes it does... it reminds me of the ex boyfriend who just walked out on me today.... come to find out he had gone through my email and found something .. left me with a note saying "nice pics.. did oyu have fun with that guy.." its a long story but what he saw and thought were all wrong

Cafe Beth
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Here is a box full for you and your whole family. I hope you all feel better real soon.

Quoting Krystal.Ingalls:

My 4 year old is currently in baseball.  We were fortunate enough to find a special needs athletics organization for him.  It's important for him to participate in things like team sports so he can learn how to interact with others.  He has autism, so making friends doesn't come naturally to him.  It's something me and DH thought would be really good for him.  So far he's played bowling, basketball, and now baseball.  He loved bowling, but he wasn't a fan of basketball.  So far, he's only played baseball once, so he doesn't really know if he likes it yet.

I would like a drink with lots of vitamin C please.  We are all sick over here and I really don't have time to be under the weather long.  

Mom_of_Grace
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I'm more of a hot chocolate person lol.

We just sign our dd up for gymnastics. She's two, and she doesn't start until the end of this month, so I'm not sure if she will excel, but she is very excited, and she is also full of energy and very limber, so I think she will do well.

I'm not going to force my kids to do something they don't want to do, but they will have to find at least one extracurricular activity that they like.

kyfiregirl
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

my kids have played soccer,softball,cheer,football,gymnastics, and horseback riding ompetitively. i have encouraged them to keep trying new ones in hopes theyll find ones they like if not then we will do family outings each week that require physical activity. i do know not all kids like sports i am having a difficult time with my 5 yr old not wanting to do anything that dosen involve sitting on her butt, however laziness isnt allowed all the time in our house so she has to be outside playing a certian portion of the day so i am hoping eventually shell get active shes starting to get a lil chunky and it worries me with her not liking activity. all my others have found sports they lvoe and love being active and being outside so shes thrown me for a loop,lol!

londamg
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

1. Are your kids involved in any sport? both my kids are in sports

2. If they are, what sport(s) are they in? right now  they are in baseball. dd was in ballet and ds was in breakdancing for 6 months. in the past they both have done soccer and baseball/t-ball.

3. How well do they like the sport and do they excel in it? they are both loving the baseball season.we actually took them out of dance because they wanted to play. my son also likes soccer.we tried it once with dd but it wasnt her thing.they both seem to be ood at baseball but i am momma so it could just be inmy head :)

4. Are they involved because they choose to be or because it's something YOU want them to do?

boht my kids really enjoy these things.i would never MAKE them play. whats the point in paying the money and getting irritated when your child wines about going to practice or games and you have to be on top of them about paying attention and being part of the team. there are a couple parents  on my sons team this year who clearly want their kid to play but the poor child is not into it at all and just wants to sit on the bench.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

My oldest is signed up for soccer! We have not started yet.

Nita_friend
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM

1. Are your kids involved in any sport?

She has no interest in sports (soccer, baseball...), she's 8.

2. If they are, what sport(s) are they in?

She does enjoy bike riding, and rock climbing, and wants to get into martial arts next Fall.

3. How well do they like the sport and do they excel in it?

She loves what she is doing.

4. Are they involved because they choose to be or because it's something YOU want them to do?This was all her choice. I hated being pushed into sports, and forced to stay. So I refuse to do it to my children. My husband is the same way. He was forced to play every sport and hated most of it. 

Roo1234
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Our 12 yo daughter does Ballet (her choice, but my limits).  

Our 9yo son played soccer  for a couple of seasons (his choice--he even wrote a report about why he should try soccer)a few years ago, and then decided he wanted to run 5Ks instead.  Last year he ran 10, and he just ran his first one for this year last Saturday.  It is entirely his choice.

Our 7yo son does ballet.  Again, his choice.  He has asked if he can also do soccer in the fall on a team with a couple of his friends, but he wants to continue ballet as well.  

I would never enroll my kids in a sport they had no interest in doing.  However, if they choose to try something they have to finish out any commitment they have made to a team.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)