Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Your Kids and Sports

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 121 Replies

Welcome to the Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

You deserve a few minutes to yourself so we are going to
pour a virtual drink of your choice and serve up tasty treats for you.
But be sure to let us know what you would like!!

We want you to tell us about your kids and sports:

1. Are your kids involved in any sport?

2. If they are, what sport(s) are they in?

3. How well do they like the sport and do they excel in it?

4. Are they involved because they choose to be or because it's something YOU want them to do?

While you wait for your request to be filled check these posts out too!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on May. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Good morning. I've had my coffee this morning but would love a nice cold Pepsi over ice.

1. Are you kids involved in any sport?

My DS loves most sports.

He plays baseball in the spring, soccer in the fall and basketball over the winter.

He loves all three but because of his small size he seems to excel mostly in soccer.

4. Are the involved because they choose to be or because it's something YOU want them to do?

I do appreciate that he plays sports for the exercise and team spirit and would encourage him to play if he told me he didn't want to. But he's already ready when the next season rolls around and is excited to play.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Iced carmel coffee please.

2BBboys0509
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Both my boys play sports. Currently it is baseball,next will be football starting in the fall.

They play everything but only one sport at a time. Never two in the same season.

My 8 year old loves football and basketball,likes baseball but it is not his favorite. He is very athletic and does very well when he plays. My 5 1/2 year old loves playing anything. As far as being good at it,he is showing potential,but is to young to really say if he is going to excel at sports.

A little of both. They love to play and get to pick the sport they want to be in,but they also have no choice. They will play something no matter what because we believe sports teaches children great lessons about life and people.

brandi185
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM

i don't drink coffee but i'll have some yummy tea.  

my boys are involved in cub scouts, that's it.

larschick
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I'll take a French vanilla cappachino with caramel please.

1. My ds is in sports
2. He plays soccer right now (he's only 3).
3. He seems to like it for the most part & has fun.
4.i enrolled him, & sometimes have to tell him yes we r going. But once we r there he is ready to play!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Beth
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That's great he's in all those sports! =)

Enjoy your Pepsi!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Good morning. I've had my coffee this morning but would love a nice cold Pepsi over ice.

1. Are you kids involved in any sport?

My DS loves most sports.

He plays baseball in the spring, soccer in the fall and basketball over the winter.

He loves all three but because of his small size he seems to excel mostly in soccer.

4. Are the involved because they choose to be or because it's something YOU want them to do?

I do appreciate that he plays sports for the exercise and team spirit and would encourage him to play if he told me he didn't want to. But he's already ready when the next season rolls around and is excited to play.

Cafe Beth
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Have a great day!

Quoting Janet:

Iced carmel coffee please.

Cafe Beth
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Love the O's fan in your pic! I'm a Orioles fan and have an O's shirt on right now. :)

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Both my boys play sports. Currently it is baseball,next will be football starting in the fall.

They play everything but only one sport at a time. Never two in the same season.

My 8 year old loves football and basketball,likes baseball but it is not his favorite. He is very athletic and does very well when he plays. My 5 1/2 year old loves playing anything. As far as being good at it,he is showing potential,but is to young to really say if he is going to excel at sports.

A little of both. They love to play and get to pick the sport they want to be in,but they also have no choice. They will play something no matter what because we believe sports teaches children great lessons about life and people.

Cafe Beth
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I hope you think this is yummy!

Quoting brandi185:

i don't drink coffee but i'll have some yummy tea.  

my boys are involved in cub scouts, that's it.

Cafe Beth
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Enjoy! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Quoting larschick:

I'll take a French vanilla cappachino with caramel please.

1. My ds is in sports
2. He plays soccer right now (he's only 3).
3. He seems to like it for the most part & has fun.
4.i enrolled him, & sometimes have to tell him yes we r going. But once we r there he is ready to play!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)