Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mom Shoots 4 Children & Herself Before Neighbors Can Stop Her

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mom Shoots 4 Children & Herself Before Neighbors Can Stop Her

Posted by Adriana Velez on May 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

teensEarly this morning, just before dawn, three Florida teenagers knocked on a neighbor's door for help. They said their mother had shot them. But before the neighbors could wipe the sleep out of their eyes the teens' mother came out of her house, calmly called the children back home, and killed them all before killing herself.

We all have those moments in our lives that we wish we could do over again. When we had the chance to prevent a disaster -- but we weren't paying attention, or we weren't brave enough, or we just didn't fully comprehend what was going on. This must be how those neighbors are feeling.

Tanya Thomas had four teenagers: Pebbles Johnson, 17; Jaxs Johnson, 15; Jazlin Johnson, 13; and Joel Johnson, 12. Three of them had tried to get help from the neighbors before Tanya called them back inside their house. Then the neighbors heard gunshots and called the police.

It was after these horrifying events that the neighbor also noticed that he'd received a text message from Tanya in the middle of the night. It said that Tanya wanted to be cremated with her children. But of course the neighbor had been fast asleep when that message came through. Again -- a chance to intervene was missed.

These neighbors of the Johnson kids will be forever haunted by what happened practically right before their eyes. The teens had been a little troublesome, as many teens are. But how was anyone to know that their mother would kill them all and herself? No one ever wants to believe that a mother would do such a thing.

Do you think the neighbors suspected this might happen or do you think they were surprised?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aleta775
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

What I don't understand is why the kids went back to the house when their mother had already shot at them. I wonder why they would have gone back? What were the neighbors supposed to do if the kids left and went back to their house? If this had happened to me and these kids came to my house, I would have asked them to come in and call the police. That's it. But if they are standing on my front porch and take off back to their house, the only thing I could do is call the police. If I missed the text message, I would feel bad about that, but damn. If it happened in the middle of the night and I didn't hear my phone, then what? Sometimes I get messages late at night and they are from a friend that's being drunk and stupid and needs to be ignored, other times it is spam. I'm sure the neighbors will have some guilt, but I don't think that it is fair to rack them over the coals.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Those poor people. I feel so bad for everything they must be going through right now. I would beat myself up for a long while if I was in their position. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

That's sad.

Maevelyn
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I can't believe they went back in... Poor kids. This is so sad.

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

not much SHOCKS me lately... this did. wow.... 

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Wow, how sad

BeccaGK
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I have experience with feeling that you could have saved a child's life (he was 3 at the time) and the guilt will kill you if you let it. I hope that these neighbors do not become overwhelmed with the guilt.

thegardener0311
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Evil is all around us and reported regularily by the media but I think, as a society, we are still unable to fathom this level of sickness in others. I suspect that someone could tell us to our face that they were going to commit something this unforgiveable and we'd call it in but would still be hard pressed to believe it truely possible of our fellow man. 

Hottmomma607
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I'm shocked those kids went back? Those poor babies!
auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I bet they were surpried by this all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN