Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Transition to daycare----

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

HI,

I WORK FULL TIME WITH 40+ HOURS A WEEK AND AM JUST GOING TO START TO TAKE MY 4 1/2 YR OLD AND SOON TO BE 2 YR OLD TO DAYCARE. THEY HAVE BEEN BASICALLY WITH ME SINCE DAY 1. I WAS A STAY AT HOME MOM WITH BOTH CHILDREN. I WENT TO WORK FOR A YEAR AND A HALF AFTER MY OLDEST STARTED TO  GO TO DC, BUT WHEN I GOT PREGNATE WITH MY YOUGEST I HAD COMPLICATIONS WHICH LED ME TO HAVE HIM VIA C-SECTION. WELL AFTER HAVING THE BABY WE DECIDED ID BE A STAY AT HOME MOMMY-WHICH I WAS FINE WITH.....BUT NOW MY KIDS DAD WAS SADLY DEPORTED AND HASNT BEEN THERE FOR OVER A YEAR AND THANKS TO THE SUPPORT OF MY MOM AND BROTHERS THEYD HELPED ME MORE THAN I CAN EXPLAIN-IM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE THEM. THEY WATCH MY KIDS WHILE I WORKED LAST YEAR 2ND AND 3RD SHIFTS........BUT TO GET TO THE POINT (SORRY (; )

THEY ARE STARTING DAYCARE AFTER HAVING BEEN BY ME AND MY FAMILY FOR SO LONG....HOW CAN I MAKE THE TRANSITION EASIER FOR MY 2 LITTLE ONES???

THANKS

by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Definitely do dry runs.  Take them and spend a day with them there.  Then do a couple days where you are home and you take them, that way if there's a huge issue you can go back to the dc.  Don't run out the second they're through the door either.  Don't sneak out.  Say goodbye and tell them you'll be back in X hours.  Good luck!

miz2hijo89
by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

THANKS.... THAT TAKING THEM ON SOME RUNS SOUNDS GOOD-I MEAN SO THEY KIND OF GET USE TO IT...... I FEEL SOOO BAD HAVING TO TAKE THEM TO DAYCARE :(

OliviasMommy611
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Don't! It's good for them!

Quoting miz2hijo89:

THANKS.... THAT TAKING THEM ON SOME RUNS SOUNDS GOOD-I MEAN SO THEY KIND OF GET USE TO IT...... I FEEL SOOO BAD HAVING TO TAKE THEM TO DAYCARE :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Definitely do dry runs.  Take them and spend a day with them there.  Then do a couple days where you are home and you take them, that way if there's a huge issue you can go back to the dc.  Don't run out the second they're through the door either.  Don't sneak out.  Say goodbye and tell them you'll be back in X hours.  Good luck!

This!
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs...hope everything works out...

miz2hijo89
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Don't! It's good for them!

Quoting miz2hijo89:

:) i know i just cant help but feel guilty.....

miz2hijo89
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM

THANKS EVRYONE :) UR KIND ADVICE IS HELPFUL....

erikadi
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I think starting slowly would be good so they can get to know the caregivers and the other kids. My son is much younger than yours but at the daycare I go to La Petite Academy they have all of the teachers try and take care of all of the age groups so all the kids are familiar with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN