Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

just pregnant, dont know what to do.

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 37 Replies

I'm only 16 and just found out i was pregnant .. havnt been to the doctors bc my parents dont know... i really dont know what to do

by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larschick
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Get to a dr. If ur worried about ur parents finding out right now, just remember the dr can NOT tell ur parents without ur consent, but u do need to see a dr ASAP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicholeHavenner
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM

im only 16 i dont have a car... and dont you have to pay for stuff like that?? i dont know who would be able to take me??

Sept-babies2
by Ashley on May. 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting NicholeHavenner:

im only 16 i dont have a car... and dont you have to pay for stuff like that?? i dont know who would be able to take me??

i would tell your parents if i were you then.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
larschick
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Go to the health department or free clinic, those don't make up pay, or find out what insurance u have & go to a dr that's covered. Take a bus, bum a ride, walk?. Otherwise, sit down & tell ur parents, if ur too scared to tell them face to face, take the time to write a letter, (mail it if u dont wanna hand it to them.)

Quoting NicholeHavenner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Well... Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fi35
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

if you don't have a car obviously you have to take the bus or find a closr friend who has their drivers license that can help till you feel comfortable to tell your parents. (if you were my daughter i'd be mad but for yours and the babies safety i'd want you to tell me.) go to the DHHR (welfare office) to see about a medical card. you may need a parent w/ you sinceyou're under 18, but try w/out them. also your community should have a WIC (woman and infant care center) they will provide you w/ vouchers for free food and you can stay on this program till your child is 5yrs old. WIC will also provide you w/ info. on place in your community that can help you w/ any counsling if you need someone to talk to or have worries about what to expect during your pregnacy. you HEALTH DEPT. in your community can also. good luck to you!! :}

mom2gr8tgirls
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Well, I'd probably go to the doctor, and tell your parents.  GL!

CLEKate
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Before you go to your parents, you need to determine what you want to do.

Do you want to keep it?

Do you want to have it and place it up for adoption?

Do you want to abort it?

What does the boy have to say about it?

These are all things you need to think about since you decided to have sex at a young age.  Welcome to the adult world of decision making.

Kageegirl
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I would talk to your parents first. Your parents can help you make informed decisions about your life from here on out. If you haven't already told the father of your baby you need to. You need to know where he stands with this issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I was 17. When I got pregnant. I waited a few weeks to tell mom. During those few weeks I decided what I was going to do. How I was going to do it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)