Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Poll

Question: is merging a family together a good idea with our children we had separate so far apart?

Options:

yes, its a good idea

no, to much damage to be caused

maybe, , in 5 years

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

me an my boy friend have been talking here an there about having a child together kinda just throwing the idea out there an seeing how each other feels about it... im 22 an my bf 39 i have a 1 yr old son an he has a 14 yr old....  is merging a family together a good idea with our child we had seperate so far apart??? how does this generally effect children in their teens?

by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Replies (21-23):
jacqulinej
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

the family i have been with for 3 yrs. their mother moved to VT to be with her significate other . another woman and the children feel abandoned. and her being on limited income it is hard for her to get her children from MO to VT. of course this situation there is contention between parents which effects the children. it has come to the point the welfare has stepped in for the father needs to learn parenting skills and the children need to learn coping skills for anger. and Dr. James Dobson said teens need more supervison then young children and at 62 and what i have seen i think he is right. daughter's really need their father in there lives if they are excepted to have healthy relationships with men when they get older.

there is one concept that came from  abstence program where the father takes daughter on date and talks to her about sex and waiting for the right man and gives her a ring of promise to wait and the mother takes son out and does the same thing. and they say statistics shows it really helps and they have better self esteem. good luck and do a lot of research and u have the internet to help and dont be ashamed to call your local mental health center for advice.smile

Kelly_Ann
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Its a non issue. My step daughter is 14 and my son is 4 they are best friends and play and love.eachother and its awesome. Its all about how you as parents treat your children.
sunshynee
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM

i dont want to get married i have strong beliefs against marriage... i dont know i think i am enjoying the freedom cuz my sons 14 monthes old so i can go out an do more things with him.... idk what i am going to do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN