Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Today sucks! Woke up this morning to a dead battery in my car. Dh jumped my car before he left for work. At 8:30am I run out to start my car and it won't start. I called dh 3 times. He didn't answer his phone. I left him a message and still didn't return my call. I walk in the bedroom to get something and I see dh's phone sitting on his bed side table. Lot of good that does me. 9:15am I call my mom to ask her what I should do. She say's on dad's way to work he will stop and look at my car. 10am my dad shows up. After about 20 minutes he finally got my car started and told me to take it to autozone. By this time I start noticing my hips are starting to burn and my back is a little sore. As I'm driving the 10 minutes to autozone it's getting worse. Great just what I need is to start my period. The guy at autozone comes out and is inspecting my battery. As every minute ticks away the cramps are getting worse. 30 minutes go by before the guy informs me to take it to a mechanic to have the connectors changed out. I call my dad who says to just go home and he'll send someone out later. I get home at 12pm and the cramps our horrible. I manage to make the boys lunch and get my youngest down for a nap. I went to the bathroom to grab some aleve but I can't find the bottle anywhere. Look for the bottle of midol complete and can't find it either. I am sitting on the floor trying to compose myself enough to get up and go deal with the boys. I manage and carry on with my day. I have to wait for dh to get home to see if he knows where the aleve is. Lucky for me he'll be home sometime between 3pm and 4pm. Really what I want to do is climb in bed and take a nap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Replies (11-11):
blondie805
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

now that the car is ok, I will give the advice that my gm gave me a long time ago. Keep a bottle of Blackberry wine in your frig. Just one cup takes the cramps away. Just one bottle takes the rest away. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN