Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

quit smoking, now periods late :(

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
I've been stressed lately with work, life, kids, boyfriend etc. and I quit smoking a week ago cold turkey. now my periods 3 days late and it's been a few days late before, but I'm terrified :( I'm not ready for anymore kids and there's really no way I can even be pregnant. So it's either just late or someone said I could have cancer, which I think is unlikely as well, because I don't have any other symptoms and the doctors always tell me I'm fine, I go regularly. I have anxiety/panic disorder really bad so my brain always thinks of the worst! Ughh I just want my period to come so I can relax and get some decent rest :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM
The littlest change can affect your body!
Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Also it could be stress.
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yeah I'm sure you don't have cancer, it's just stress. Things will get better. =)

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I bet it's stress! I hope things get better for you soon. I have anxiety too, It's awful isn't it?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hugs....maybe just stress...hope things get better...

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM

If your stressed you can be late on your periods. 

snuggiewoogie
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

It sounds like stress! Don't worry!!

Ava2060
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

WOW!!!  I am so so HAPPY for you & PROUD of you for quitting smoking!!!  I quit smoking in January & its so hard--took me a year to finally let go of it. I also have anxiety/depression issues so I understand. Its probably stress & that makes everything worse! I'm peri-menopausal so mine is always erratic--like now, first time in three months and I've been a nutjob.  Stressing & wiggin out over it, the first thing I wanted to do was smoke...But I know its just hormones and nicotine addiction messing with my mind & body!  So try to relax, don't worry it'll get better--just don't go for the cigs! Keep doin what your doin--all will be ok--I should know! Good Luck!!!

Tracey butterfly

seraphimsong
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I'm sure it's just stress!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN