Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Needing Advice & Surrport on being Induced!

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi my name is Mikaela,
My son was due on the 15th of May 2012, but unfortunately running a little late as I am 41 weeks and 3 days today, I went to a midwifes appointment the other were they put in a plan for me to be induced on Monday the 28th of May, and to be quiet honest I am really overwhelmed with the thought of the whole experience they plan to induce me by cervidil, they also found out I have a retroverted cervix, is there any one that would be willing to share there experiences with me good and bad, as I'm wanting to plan myself for what I could be involved for,
Any replies would be most appreciated, hope to here from mum's soon,
Thanks

by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaCaram
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I was induced using pitocin and cervical pills to soften it. The labor started and it wasn't traumatic, it slowly started and increased like normal contractions. It wasn't a zero to all kind of labor. I ended up having a c sec because my daughter stuck out her arm and the Dr couldn't push it back in but that could have happened no matter what, he said most babies who do that move it on their own but mine didnt. My advise is to try not to be nervous, everyone has different experiences just know your baby will be here when its all said and done
lauren223
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I was induced with pitocin with my second and boy was it painful but very fast. They started me on it at around 5:30-6 and by 8:06 he was born. good luck

Pammi86
by Pamela on May. 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I was induced two days before my due date bc nothing was happening. After 24 hours of labor I needed a c section. However I've known plenty of women who had great experiences with inductions!
goddess99
by Michelle on May. 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I would try not to worry. You never know, your body may do it naturally before Monday. Try to rest and relax. And Congratulations! how exciting. Keep us updated =)

yourpassion
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I was induced with my son. It wasn't a big deal to me. I had an epidural though, after the constant, no break, from contractions they asked me if I wanted it. I said sure. I haven't experienced real labor, so that's all I have for you. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had 2 inductions....the 1st. started at about 6am and I delivered around 2pm....the next one was started around 8 am and I delivered around 8pm....the 2nd. one they took slower because monitoring of my blood pressure...but each time everything worked out.  My water broke naturally with the 1st. induction...with the 2nd. they broke my waters.  The staff that helped me deliver both times were very helpful and supportive...

Hugs....Hope everything goes the best for you and the baby...

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Being induced is normal nowadays. I would just relax and take it easy. Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN