Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

C section vs Natural

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

Now, before anyone comes in here charging on about how one is better then the other, I will point out I would like information not to start a debate.

I have 3 children, 2 with my ex husband and 1 with my husband.  My first pregnancy ended in a medically necessary C-Section at 28 weeks, C Section 2 happened because the Dr refused to let me do it naturally(small town, only OB in town), 3rd c section same thing. 

My husband and I have started to discuss the possibilities of having another child when he comes home from Afghanistan.  Have any of you had a VBAC?  How about multiple c sections and then a vbac?   Is it to risky after multiple c sections to try for a natural birth?

Thanks

by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vix920
by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I had a medically necessary c-section after labor was unsuccessful. My doctor encourages VBAC but I was to term. My friend had a c-section at 28 weeks as well and her ob told her that because it was so early, she may have to have another one depending on the scarring. Typically the reason why you have subsequent c-sections is because of the scarring from the first. Talk to your ob about your concerns and see what he/she has to say about it. They know your medical history and will guide you in the right direction for you.

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I know someone that did. She refused to the C- section and she won. Everything went fine two times that is. Some doctors just won't do it though.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

BUMP

I just have 1 child and she was huge, I had a csection.

stormystar15
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Ive never had a c-sec but i would think that after 3 c-sec they wouldnt allow you to do it natural but only your ob could tell you whether they would try to let you or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I have 1 and I had a C- section......

MrsTBailey
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Bump only have one and he was vaginally
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Bump, I had 3 vaginally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on May. 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I think it really depends.  I had 3 c-sections.  The 1st was was an emergency, the 2nd one well dr's would not consider vbac back in 1987.  The 3rd was that they could NOT guarantee that she would be born naturally if I tried and since we were in the military and I was at the mercy of whomever was on duty, well I opted for the c-section as I was able to pick who delivered her.  NO regrets here.  :)  I went home within 48 hours of delivering her.  :)  So my birth was just as easy as a natural birth.  

It is really something that you have to discusss with your Dr. and then it should be something that you and your husband decide on together.  Anything is really risky.  

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I only had one and was vaginal.

Xaviersmom0612
by on May. 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM

As a person who has had multiple c-sections, & am about to have a 4th one, I have always been told that once you have 2 c-sections, a VBAC is not really an option (at least with my drs). They have always told me it is too risky and dangerous. HTH!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN