Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

After Two Years as a SAHD, He's Now Daddy by Day, Mamma Mia! by Night

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 41 Replies
3 moms liked this

For the first two years of his daughter Sadie's life, David was more or less a stay-at-home dad. But then Broadway came calling and his partner, Russell, decided to cut back a little at his own job to spend more time with Sadie.

Here's a look at how they make everything work, with a little background about what it was like when they adopted Sadie.

Russell says he and David made their opposite schedules work - meaning they don't need a regular nanny or baby sitter - because they felt it was their "job" to raise their daughter. If you work, did (or do) you have a child in daycare of some kind? Or were you able to work out an arrangement where you and your partner worked opposite shifts so one parents is always home with the kids?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM
That's great that they make their schedules work without needing a nanny/babysitter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM

That's great that they can make it work.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

When I worked I had family watch my dd, now I'm a SAHM and love it.

BaseballMom34
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM
We did that for years. What an adjustment when we both worked a normal schedule together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Quoting mmtosam06:

That's great that they make their schedules work without needing a nanny/babysitter

DixieFlower
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I am lucky that my family is with me when I work so even when DH was working we didn't have to worry about childcare.

Charli627
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM
My kids have never beenin day care. My sister helps me with the youngest now. With the older two, my ex helped with them. I was a single mother with them. And me and Dh work opposite shifts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Holztastic
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I think that's his prerogative, and good for their family. I don't think it works for everyone, and I don't think everyone wants to be at home all day - many people enjoy working and having their partner work as well. And besides, there are so many low income or single parent households, so for some it's simply not possible.

LucyHarper
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

He goes to a sitter while we are both at work. It is our job to raise our child, and not being with him 24/7 doesn't interfere with that. Its a few hours a day playing and doing arts and crafts, we are the ones who raise him.

mitsukai127
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I am very fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom. And I am glad that they were able to get everything settled!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)