Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i wanna know about your living room. =)

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

my living room says we're a busy family with a toddler running around. my husband, daughter, and i live in a 1,000sqft townhome, and needless to say, its no way near as big as we need it to be. considering when you walk through the front door, it the first room you see, i want it to look nice. right now, we have a sofa, loveseat, recliner, 2 end tables, a floor lamp, tv and tv stand, and my daughters kitchen play set with little toys all over the floor. i want my living room to look nice... not really elegant or "rich" looking, just nice, but my daughter still have room to play. any ideas or suggestions? will post pictures if needed. feel free to post your pics. thanks in advance!!

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Mine says lived in...lol...my house is always mildly messy....The living area has couch, tv, playpen, play kitchens...lil bit of it all..

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Maybe take out what ever furniture doesn't Need to be there. You're a family of 3? With no one else in the house? I would get rid of some of the seating. My living room is very small and we bought a large ottoman that is seating, storage, and tables all in 1. We have a couch and a chair that is not a big recliner with a narrow tv stand. We have a few other pieces but it's very minimalistic.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM

You can see the end of our black couch, 1 of 2 slim end tables, my black chair that is now moved to a corner and my screen that I use as a faux wall because the wall behind it is damaged. If you didn't know, people might think a bachelor who is never home lives in my living room lol.

KeheleyLayna
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

thanks! decorating has never been one of my best qualities. we need a bigger place, but theres no way we can afford the deposit + first months rent all together. =(

Angeleyes_6
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM
I am actually looking for a bigger house cause since my baby was born her stuff takes up more than half my tiny livingroom! But I have a 5 year old and he has a toybox out here and I bought a large wicker chest. He puts his toys in it and it looks great in the livingroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM

We are in the process of redoing our living room so the walls are half painted, the wanscotting, chair rail and crown molding are only primed.  One curtain panel is missing, lol.  The main wall is totally blank and the built-ins around the fireplace are empty.  I am about to paint them and add doors to the bottom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)