She needs to get her tonsils and adenoids removed. Her tonsils in particular are so swollen that they are almost touching her uvula. This is something that will only get worse the longer we wait, until finally, she just won't be able to breathe. :(
We made an appointment a few months ago to have the surgery done on the 7th. Well, the insurance through my husbands work was supposed to cover this. As a matter of fact, the company told me the ENT DID accept their coverage. Unfortunately, a few days ago, the ENT office told me they did not, so I've been worrying, and planning to get it done once we move in two weeks. (There are no other ENTs in this area with any openings for 6 months or more. ):
Now I'm a little ticked off. The ENT office just called to confirme her appointment for pre-op on Wednesday. Wait...what???? Um...I thought they didn't take her insurance? Apparently they don't know, and are looking it up for me. Smh. I'm now waiting on ANOTHER phone call to find out for sure if they do or not. It wouldn't bother me to have to wait if it wasn't something THIS important. Sheesh!
Can I just get ONE thing to go right this week? Things are already so stressful with our impending move. I just want ONE DAY where things work out like they're supposed to! I KNOW this is life, and life's not fair, but geeze, this is my CHILD we're talking about! I just want her to get better. :(