Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My daughter needs surgery...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

She needs to get her tonsils and adenoids removed.  Her tonsils in particular are so swollen that they are almost touching her uvula.  This is something that will only get worse the longer we wait, until finally, she just won't be able to breathe.  :(

We made an appointment a few months ago to have the surgery done on the 7th.  Well, the insurance through my husbands work was supposed to cover this.  As a matter of fact, the company told me the ENT DID accept their coverage.  Unfortunately, a few days ago, the ENT office told me they did not, so I've been worrying, and planning to get it done once we move in two weeks.  (There are no other ENTs in this area with any openings for 6 months or more. ): 

Now I'm a little ticked off.  The ENT office just called to confirme her appointment for pre-op on Wednesday.  Wait...what????  Um...I thought they didn't take her insurance?  Apparently they don't know, and are looking it up for me. Smh.  I'm now waiting on ANOTHER phone call to find out for sure if they do or not.  It wouldn't bother me to have to wait if it wasn't something THIS important.  Sheesh!

Can I just get ONE thing to go right this week?  Things are already so stressful with our impending move.  I just want ONE DAY where things work out like they're supposed to! I KNOW this is life, and life's not fair, but geeze, this is my CHILD we're talking about!  I just want her to get better. :( 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Sending good thoughts to you ;)

Red_Tempest
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Thank you. :)

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Sending good thoughts to you ;)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM

So sorry mama.  Hope it's worked out and she's feeling better soon!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

im sorry

Red_Tempest
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
They just called me on accident for the same reason they called this morning. I'm still waiting to know if the insurance is accepted. At least the lady said the office manager was on the phone with them, but nothing yet either way...

Quoting SlapItHigh:

So sorry mama.  Hope it's worked out and she's feeling better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Thanks. :)

Quoting MistressMinerva:

im sorry

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

hope it all works out for you

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Hope things work out soon!

Rayray14
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM
My daughter just had both removed 3 weeks ago and is now thankfully fully recovered. She had the same exact thing where her tonsils were basically touching and had sleep apnea. During the surgery and the first few days afterwards I totally regretted it but knew we made the right decision...and now 3 weeks later there is no more snoring or heavy breathing at night and we couldn't be happier. I hope everything goes as well for your daughter too and that the insurance issue gets taken care of.....good luck!!!
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hugs....hope things work out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN